powered subwoofer install in 2012 tahoe with Bose help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cox_Rango

Hey guys I have a 2012 tahoe with the bose system non nav. I'm trying to install a jbl basspro sl powered woofer.

I know I can tap off my subwoofer output from the bose amp and run a high low adapter.

My question is can I remove the factory sub and run high level input to the woofer. If my impedance matches it should be ok yes? Or would my readings be off because its going into a secondary amp?

Could I tap my high level from the rear output and put resistors in the sub circuit and still remove the factory sub but trick it to think its still there?

Hey guys I have a 2012 tahoe with the bose system non nav. I'm trying to install a jbl basspro sl powered woofer.

I know I can tap off my subwoofer output from the bose amp and run a high low adapter.

My question is can I remove the factory sub and run high level input to the woofer. If my impedance matches it should be ok yes? Or would my readings be off because its going into a secondary amp?
The subwoofer is powered meaning the amplifier is built in. You can use high level inputs regardless of the impedance, that only applies if the subwoofer wasn't powered. You also won't need a "high low adapter" aka LOC because there's one built into the basspro. Also with the built-in one you won't need a signal cable since it'll sense the signal instead.
Could I tap my high level from the rear output and put resistors in the sub circuit and still remove the factory sub but trick it to think its still there?
You can tap the high level input from anywhere, so long as the speakers you tap actually do produce tones in the low range, like 40hz clearly, otherwise you're wasting your time tapping them. I suggest using test tones and the fader to make sure of that before you do any disassembling.

You don't need resistors in the sub circuit and you don't need to trick your bose system. It's perfectly happy not being connected to a speaker. If you're not going to use the subwoofer and the frequencies that the bose sub produce is acceptable to you, then I see no reason not to tap the subwoofer for the high level inputs for the basspro. It can handle up to 20V signal in its high level input ports according to Crutchfield.

The subwoofer you're replacing would have to be about 200W+ in order for that to be a problem and it's not likely to even be close to that powerful. Make sure you use adapters whenever possible to maintain the original wires and connectors in your car.

Ok awesome. Yeah i planned to cut part of the wiring and connector off the oem sub to make an adapter. This isn't a first audio rodeo but i have been out for 14+ years and first time messing with factory "up level" system. I know GM uses the audio for chimes and what not which was my primary concern. Of course the oe info I have access to (GM technician ASE master) doesn't talk about aftermarket. My plan is to eventually add a secondary amp and upgrade the rest of the speakers also.

So the same info should hold true for that process also

Ok got eveything wired up.and for some reason I have to disconnect and reconnect the high level plug to get it to turn on. Would running a remote turn on with high levels cause any issue?

Ok got eveything wired up.and for some reason I have to disconnect and reconnect the high level plug to get it to turn on. Would running a remote turn on with high levels cause any issue?
Are you sure it doesn't turn on with volume? If it's muted or sometimes at super low volume it won't activate if it's signal sensing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.