Power Acoustik Razor RZR1-2500D at 1ohm..???

LumberDaddy

CarAudio.com Newbie
I got this RZR1-2500D mono amp rated for a min. of 2ohm, but will it run at 1ohm (with no issues) if I were to wire up my 12” Kicker compr 2ohm dual voice coils for a 1ohm load? Not able to spend any money currently and not trying to blow up my amp or sub fr.. Any help or maybe someone who has done this before could give there insight..? I’d really appreciate it, thanks.🤘🏻

I got this RZR1-2500D mono amp rated for a min. of 2ohm, but will it run at 1ohm (with no issues) if I were to wire up my 12” Kicker compr 2ohm dual voice coils for a 1ohm load? Not able to spend any money currently and not trying to blow up my amp or sub fr.. Any help or maybe someone who has done this before could give there insight..? I’d really appreciate it, thanks.🤘🏻
Yes. I am currently running it at 1 ohm and have been for about a year. Just make sure your gain is correctly set. If you want, I can send a video.

For future readers, don’t run amps, especially amps like this, below rated impedance. You can get away with it if you have enough impedance rise, hence the people that claim it works, but they are not designed to handle that amount of current the lower load adds. Amplifiers aren't magic, transistors can only handle so much current, and amps are usually already maxed out at rated impedance.

If a 2-ohm amp could secretly handle 1-ohm by design, the manufacturer will add that to their specs to increase sales. Running amps below rated impedance is often a death sentence. Just because someone says it worked for them, don’t mean you will be lucky as well. If you were hard core competing and you were disabling protection to run insane loads with zero care for blowing stuff up, sure do it, if it’s a daily system, do not do it! I know no one will actually listen to reason, but trying to add to an old thread. 😅

Yes. I am currently running it at 1 ohm and have been for about a year. Just make sure your gain is correctly set. If you want, I can send a video.
Id like to see that video, i myself am too running a 2500 PA MONO, and was thinking about wiring my dual voice coil skar 12 in shallow mount vd d2's. So i wont be blowing **** up by doing so? Right?

I've run these amps three separate times over the years when I needed a little cheap system just to get by every time I wired to one ohm in fact I didn't even know the minimum impedance and or didn't pay attention to the fact that it was too long it never died it never blew up I never put a fan on it but depending on the efficiency of your enclosure I suppose it could definitely blow up but chances are even with the lowest box rise enclosure you're still going to be 2 ohms plus by the time you're at the subs not to mention it's only a $99 amp I would without a shadow of a doubt run one home since the amp only puts out about 600 watts not too ohms I would not have even bought that amplifier if I thought I could only run it at 2 ohms

I will say I was always surprised at what that cheap little lamp would put out and now it makes sense it's because I was running it at one ohm that little fella probably puts out 800 watts RMS at 1 ohm not too shabby for $99 I've ran it on two dual forum kicker Comp r's I've ran it on two power acoustic whatever 12s they sell at Walmart and for a short period actually had it on two Sundown sa classics granted I build the enclosure myself and make it much larger to make up for the lacking power but was still surprised and how this little cheap amp sounds and performs my opinion running at 1 ohm and if you have any kind of a decent enclosure and decent Subs then I would definitely go for a better amp once you save up

I've been running mine at 1ohm for quite a while with my CT Sounds Strato 12. Make sure you tune with an oscilloscope so you're not clipping at all. Only had it go into protect once due to overheating because it was super hot outside and I didn't have AC and I was at full tilt for a while. It still has yet to give me any problems besides that. Great amp for the price Korea doesn't mess around.

I've been running mine at 1ohm for quite a while with my CT Sounds Strato 12. Make sure you tune with an oscilloscope so you're not clipping at all. Only had it go into protect once due to overheating because it was super hot outside and I didn't have AC and I was at full tilt for a while. It still has yet to give me any problems besides that. Great amp for the price Korea doesn't mess around.
Btw well known audiophiles have run these at 1ohm and say it's perfectly fine (hifi vega for example) Mine barely gets hot even at full tilt and I've had it about a year running daily.

Btw well known audiophiles have run these at 1ohm and say it's perfectly fine (hifi vega for example) Mine barely gets hot even at full tilt and I've had it about a year running daily.
That guy will say almost anything to make a Sale as he pitches his Lyrics for the one he promotes to make a buck. I dont even like his testing methods for amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...