Posted on the wrong forum, please delete, thanks.

Participant count
  • Participants list
I need help on the amplifier settings since there are no good car audio shop around my area! And I believe you guys will have the knowledge to guide me through.
So I have installed an new amp and speakers, but I feel the speakers are still lacking of midrange.

My setup are as follow:

Speakers (tweeter, mid and subwoofer): Rainbow IL-C8.3 BMW F-Series Front semi – active“

3-way 8 inch (20 cm) Compo Set

25 mm Silk dome Tweeter

Max. 150 Watts

Minimum Amplifier Power: 75 Watts

Frequency Response: 35 Hz – 30 kHz

Amplifier: Rainbow Germanium Four

4 x 105 Watts @ 4 Ohm

4 x 140 Watts @ 2 Ohm

2 x 300 Watts @ 4 Ohm bridged

12 dB High Pass: 15 Hz – 500 Hz (5 kHz Front)

12 dB Low Pass: 50 Hz – 5 kHz

Dimensions (LxWxH): 420 x 235 x 55 mm

And here are my current amplifier settings:

4 Channel

Rear: Gain = Max, LPF= 80Hz, HPF=130Hz

Front: Gain = 80%, X-over is set as FULL, hence no LPF/HPF is set

Phase = 0%

How can I improve the midrange sound? Will turning down the treble and bass in my headunit help? Please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
OK so do you feel this is lacking mid-range, or mid-bass ? If you feel that you are lacking mid-range: YES you should be able to adjust your HU / EQ / X-Overs to overcome or at least improve upon this situation... If it's mid-bass you are after: Look into treating your doors on your vehicle if you have not done so already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

OK so do you feel this is lacking mid-range, or mid-bass ? If you feel that you are lacking mid-range: YES you should be able to adjust your HU / EQ / X-Overs to overcome or at least improve upon this situation... If it's mid-bass you are after: Look into treating your doors on your vehicle if you have not done so already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Thanks for your reply!

What i'm trying to match is to get the similar sound quality of my home speaker (Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air)

The speaker also comes with tweeter, midrange and subwoofer..

So based on my amplifier settings, it looks good to go already? If so, I might try to experiment on my HU's EQ...

Thanks for your reply! What i'm trying to match is to get the similar sound quality of my home speaker (Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air)

The speaker also comes with tweeter, midrange and subwoofer..

So based on my amplifier settings, it looks good to go already? If so, I might try to experiment on my HU's EQ...
Are these mounted in a DOOR? If so - You won't likely EVER get the SAME sound as you do from your home audio speaker... But you should be able to "tweak" it to a better suited sound for YOU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif It's all about what YOU like as far as sound is concerned, and tweaking amps, X-overs, and EQ settings properly can make or break you... It takes patience & trial & error... Just be careful as you don't want to blow those... And as I said before, if these ARE in fact mounted in your DOORS - Read up here: Doors | Sound Deadener Showdown

Are these mounted in a DOOR? If so - You won't likely EVER get the SAME sound as you do from your home audio speaker... But you should be able to "tweak" it to a better suited sound for YOU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif It's all about what YOU like as far as sound is concerned, and tweaking amps, X-overs, and EQ settings properly can make or break you... It takes patience & trial & error... Just be careful as you don't want to blow those... And as I said before, if these ARE in fact mounted in your DOORS - Read up here: Doors | Sound Deadener Showdown
The midrange speaker is mounted in the door, tweeter was mounted at the triangle corner of the door windows next to the side mirrors, while the subwoofers are mounted under the driver and passenger seats.

I'm going to take a look at the link you show me. Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.