Porting Sealed Box

XxAndreaxX

spain
Hi all, I'm about to port my sealed box, because I fear my speaker is not sealed friendly at all.

It's the sundown X8 D4.

The problem is that calculating the vent, I get crazy numbers.

the box is 10Liters minus the size of the woofer.

the form is very uneven so I can only calculate in Liters.

Putting all the infos about the speaker in different calculators, and tuning port at 30-35hz, I get veeery tiny vents, but excessive long.

here mh-audio.nl - Vented System for example, I get for a 4cm diameter port, 26cm port lenght. is that possible???

I got on another site for a 2,4cm diameter port, 40cm long tube

I know the minimum size for the X8 is 20liters and mine is 10. but what do you think??

I never saw such a tiny port-hole

Hi all, I'm about to port my sealed box, because I fear my speaker is not sealed friendly at all.It's the sundown X8 D4.

The problem is that calculating the vent, I get crazy numbers.

the box is 10Liters minus the size of the woofer.

the form is very uneven so I can only calculate in Liters.

Putting all the infos about the speaker in different calculators, and tuning port at 30-35hz, I get veeery tiny vents, but excessive long.

here mh-audio.nl - Vented System for example, I get for a 4cm diameter port, 26cm port lenght. is that possible???

I got on another site for a 2,4cm diameter port, 40cm long tube

I know the minimum size for the X8 is 20liters and mine is 10. but what do you think??

I never saw such a tiny a$$-hole

Sorry had to. It looked to be funny.

On my phone so not gonna bother trying to convert liters into cubic feet. Assuming your sealed enclosure volume is ideal net volume for a ported box just cut out an 8-10 sq inch hole and stick a pvc pipe in there. Leave the pipe external so it doesnt displace any interior volume. Use a calcultor online to play with the length. Start with 24 or so inches and cut it down if you like.

Like this 20151125_232809_zpsroyjfzg4.jpg Photo by RyanSpivey | Photobucket

ok, will do like that, 4-5cm diameter and 25-30cm long tube. will put it outside first, to hear how it sounds, and then will try to fit it inside.

what material should I use? the easiest one would be some bending material, because due the very little space I got on my car, I'll need to bend it multiple times.

Here are some photos.

Ported, it sound muuuuuch more. problem is now, port hole is too small, and at high excursion, you can hear some air-noise.

the tube is 30cm right now with 4cm diameter. 6cm diameter would be much better but tube would be meters long.

so everyone saying never port a small box, is wrong. shure the tube is a problem but I prefer some air noise, rather than woofer distorsion.

View attachment 26555342View attachment 26555343View attachment 26555344View attachment 26555345

Here are some photos.Ported, it sound muuuuuch more. problem is now, port hole is too small, and at high excursion, you can hear some air-noise.

the tube is 30cm right now with 4cm diameter. 6cm diameter would be much better but tube would be meters long.

so everyone saying never port a small box, is wrong. shure the tube is a problem but I prefer some air noise, rather than woofer distorsion.

View attachment 26555342View attachment 26555343View attachment 26555344View attachment 26555345
Just wait till you hear a properly designed ported box. You will sh*t your pants at the difference.

Just wait till you hear a properly designed ported box. You will sh*t your pants at the difference.
I know bro, but when you don't have enough space.... my friend's 300Watt sub, sounds stronger than my 750watt, only because of the box.

My trunk is 100% available, his trunk is full because of the sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.