Popping Noise + In and out of protect mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

KelanF

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am currently trying to install a active subwoofer into my mk7 Fiesta ST, everything is fine with RCA cables unplugged, but as soon as the RCA cables are plugged in it constantly makes a popping noise and goes in and out of protect mode

The cables are spliced into the rear speaker cables using t-taps, could it be due to this connection being dodgy?

This is my first install so explain in as simple terms as possible cheers haha

I know its not an issue with the sub as it was installed in another car fine

Last edited:
And what brand / model powered sub?

You mention T-taps, that's direct connecting RCA cable to rear speaker wire if I'm reading right? If so, yeah not supposed to do that.

I ask the exact model, as it may have high level inputs that you could switch to. Does it have other inputs that say high level on it? If not you'll need a line out converter, and hope you didn't damage the amp connecting to the cars speaker wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...