Pleased with PUMPKIN new stereo at a very reasonable price

Participant count
  • Participant list

pealmada78

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
My 7-year-old VW golf is going strong and never gave me a problem. The only thing is that I have a dated radio with no sat nav nor Bluetooth. I hated all the window-mounted Sat nav or google map on my iPhone. I then decided to buy a Pioneer car stereo with all those facilities to be fitted. Then my local workshops asked for over £1000 for all I want. That would not make sense to spend a lot on my good old VW. So after learning a good youtube video and the Amazon feedback etc, I bought this pumpkin device and the accessory for DAB+ radio.

I am really pleased with the device. For me with no Skill in mechanics, I would say it was a lot easier than I thought. It fits very well in my old stereo socket. All I did was taken out the old stereo and then plug in all the sockets that were labeled in the quick sheet. There were two main power sockets, I have to use the one with CanBus adaptor that allowed all the vehicle information including reverse sensor picture, mileage and fuel consumption.

There was also an external microphone included for a Bluetooth phone call. The sound was pretty clear.

There were GPS antenna and WiFi antenna that I wiring along the front door lining and stuck up the front window. I need to test how good the GPS is as yet. On the first try on google map, when I try to go different routes than suggested, it was taking a long time and didn’t reboot. I will need to read more to find out what happened.

The screen was very neat and clean but a little hard to see on sunny days. I may have to fiddle around to find out how to change the setting.

I also have to go to the factory setting as the front two doors images came up on the wrong site when the door open or close.

CD slot was also included. There was a slight delay of sound coming out for both CD and DAB+

I spent an extra £44 to buy DAB+ radio which slots into one of USB cable. Good sound quality.

I wish it included a more comprehensive manual then referring to many old reviews and YouTube videos to figure out.

The mirroring facility is probably not that useful for iPhone users. All it dies it showing up a tiny screen on the main monitor but you cannot control or change it.

I am overall pleased with the product with the amount of money I spent.
The next project is to buy a rear reverse camera and dashcam to be fitted in this stereo and downloading an offline map.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.15.20 AM.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.