Please critique my planned factory upgrade idea

Participant count
  • Participant list

SevenSixTwo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, attached image is my planned 2 amp upgrade of factory head unit.

Using the speaker outputs to a 'power pack' amp for the speakers and a 2ch line output convertor to a mono block amp to power a sub.

This seems to me the simplest way to get it all hooked up. My main concern is sharing the speaker outputs from the head unit to both the 'power pack' amp and the LOC. I have a dual battery setup in my tuck with 6AWG wire all ready to go in the rear and plan on using that only for the sub amp. All grounds to chassis.

I guess the alternative would be to use a 4ch LOC and then use that LL output for both amps, but I already have all this equipment.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 32
Yeah, you are good. I have noticed in some (SOME) newer cars, if you tap off the factory speakers to feed an LOC you lose a little volume to the factory speakers. But you are going to use the Alpine Power Pack to feed power to your speakers, so you should be good.

When I say some, I can only speak for the few cars I personally had this happen. 2017 Subaru Forester. I lost some volume from the front speakers, which is where I tapped the LC2i from. 2013 Dodge Dart. I have heard of others as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...