Please check my wiring plan: Wire AWG, Fuses, etc.

Participant count
  • Participant list

haqzore

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
Hi all.

Getting a plan together for wiring a new kit, and would appreciate help double-checking my wiring.
  • Vehicle is an '08 F150 SuperCrew
  • Are my wire sizes sufficient? Are they grossly over-sized?
  • Are my fuse sizes sufficient?
  • Fuse sizes in distro block come straight from the amps owner manuals, so those should be good.
  • I copied the sub wiring from one of Crutchfield's diagrams - so assume that is ok to achieve the 600W RMS?
Appreciate any help with validating this stuff before I start ordering wire & fuses!

I would be going 1/0 ofc or welding wire not 4 gauge for my power and grounds. Also if you want to make it easier on running wires for the front/rear speakers then get some 9 wire wire from metra or stinger. It comes with 18 gauge with the remote turn on. You run it to the wiring harness in the back of the head unit. I.e instead of wiring to the head unit if you were going to let the head unit run those speakers you run it to the aftermarket wiring harness and it goes through stock wiring and since you are just going to use the crossovers it should work just fine that way. Stock wiring can handle that Pioneer 4 channel just fine. I have it setup on my '03 Explorer that way and running more wattage then that 4 channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...