Playing below 30hz in a truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz19

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, been a bit since I've been here but I have a 2019 F150. I am probably going to buy a 1500-2000 watt amp but no one has been able to tell me what kind of 8" sub would do well playing below 30hz with authority? My doors now play down to 45hz and I want to keep it that way because it's just what I enjoy. Only thing I can think of is the Sundown X8 or Ampere 2.5 8" (I know of where a pair are for dumb cheap). It'd be forward firing under the seat with a 1" lift, I have about 2-2.2 cubes net under the seat so 2 8s seems sufficient.

Any one have some advice or experience? I haven't ever dealt with trucks other than mine now nor 8s for subs.

X8s are your go to woofer for that but go big on airspace and low tuning, might need to sacrifice cone area and do fewer 8s but more airspace.
Side port to passenger side.

It would be 2 X8s tuned to like high 20s, but it'd be an interchangeable port if I did this. I know I can't fit 3 of those properly with what I'm wanting to do.

I have 2 HAT Clarus 10s right now on 500w (only rated for 250 or so but don't know how much more they can take), just was wondering about the Ampere's since i can get 2 of those for the price of 1 X8.

It would be 2 X8s tuned to like high 20s, but it'd be an interchangeable port if I did this. I know I can't fit 3 of those properly with what I'm wanting to do.

I have 2 HAT Clarus 10s right now on 500w (only rated for 250 or so but don't know how much more they can take), just was wondering about the Ampere's since i can get 2 of those for the price of 1 X8.
thats super cheap. I just dont have experience with the ampere but i think its worth a shot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.