Planes, trains, and automobiles

audioholic

not a moderator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
Lmao!!!! It's not my fault you are a retard with no memory.
I guess I should feel special that you still remember comments we exchanged literally years ago. Go ahead, tell us all about the benefits of a body lift versus a suspension lift, since apparently we sparred over that topic back when you were still hoping to grow pubes. 😃

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I guess I should feel special that you still remember comments we exchanged literally years ago. Go ahead, tell us all about the benefits of a body lift versus a suspension lift, since apparently we sparred over that topic back when you were still hoping to grow pubes. 😃
U mad bro?

adulbrich

Lock up your grandmothers!
5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Do you know how to read bro. We both know you don't know shit about cars. Like the time I posted a truck and you said that you didn't get why they lifted the body and not the axles. And that the axles would get f*cked up even tho they where 2.5 ton axles. You a clown bro

Lift the axles? 😂 😂 😂

I can understand saying something about a body lift vs a suspension lift.
The purpose of lifting a vehicle is to fit bigger tires, so the axles and undercarriage gain ground clearance. Sometimes, a body lift is all you need to accommodate larger tires. Only real reason to mess with suspension is if you're going crazy big and/or need more travel for something like extreme rock crawling. I see a lot of lifted trucks with near-stock tires. All they're really doing is making it handle worse.

There is something to be said for lifting something purely for aesthetic. Lots of lifted trucks don't leave pavement.

My mom's boyfriend's hobby is extreme off-roading. He's got a buggy with 44" tires and dual transfer cases for gear reduction.

He's not the guy in the hat, lol

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Lift the axles? 😂 😂 😂

The purpose of lifting a vehicle is to fit bigger tires, so the axles and undercarriage gain ground clearance. Sometimes, a body lift is all you need to accommodate larger tires. Only real reason to mess with suspension is if you're going crazy big and/or need more travel for something like extreme rock crawling. I see a lot of lifted trucks with near-stock tires. All they're really doing is making it handle worse.

There is something to be said for lifting something purely for aesthetic. Lots of lifted trucks don't leave pavement.

My mom's boyfriend's hobby is extreme off-roading. He's got a buggy with 44" tires and dual transfer cases for gear reduction.

View attachment 33097
It was a massive black GMC 3500 with Rockwell 2.5 ton military axels and 49" tires. Bro started saying some seriously dumb shit right after I posted it. I can find it later, I remember when it was.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
If anyone knows anything about this Camaro please let me know.

Spider Monkey

WEEEEEEEEEEE™
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Apr 12, 2007
In a Cage
If I remember correctly, you're a mopar fan, right?
Idk, it's been a while
I do favor the HEMI, as do most people that live their lives a quarter mile at a time.
Do you know how to read bro. We both know you don't know shit about cars. Like the time I posted a truck and you said that you didn't get why they lifted the body and not the axles. And that the axles would get f*cked up even tho they where 2.5 ton axles. You a clown bro
Wait, lift the axles? The fuck? lol
I grew bored with this forum years ago, but picking apart your need to feel important here has sparked a new interest in me. I thank you for that and look forward to our future engagements. :ROFLMAO:
I have not seen you post this much in ten years.
If anyone knows anything about this Camaro please let me know.

It's not OEM.

Hope that helps.

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Yeah lift the axles you nerds... Trolololol

lift.jpg

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
There's a special name for that, it's like a geared hub or something. Old humvees use that at the wheel hubs
Portal hubs. Bunch of the 4 wheeler and side by side guys here run them.

Reactions: adulbrich

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Even talked shit about my girl.

audioholic

not a moderator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
Lift the axles? 😂 😂 😂

View attachment 33097
Im sure whatever convo slo is referring was me saying suspension lift, not axle lift. Funny he's obviously still butthurt over a convo that had to have been years ago at this point. lol

A body lift is the cheap way out generally speaking, as it does not improve suspension travel and raises the center of gravity on a vehicle with suspension intended for the stock (lower) center of gravity. And yes, hummers use sun gears at the wheels to raise ground clearance.

adulbrich

Lock up your grandmothers!
5,000+ posts
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Im sure whatever convo slo is referring was me saying suspension lift, not axle lift. Funny he's obviously still butthurt over a convo that had to have been years ago at this point. lol

A body lift is the cheap way out generally speaking, as it does not improve suspension travel and raises the center of gravity on a vehicle with suspension intended for the stock (lower) center of gravity. And yes, hummers use sun gears at the wheels to raise ground clearance.
A body lift is usually a cheaper way than suspension to increase tire clearance. Bigger tires is the ultimate goal though, unless you're just doing it for looks.

audioholic

not a moderator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
Yes it is a cheaper alternative. But again it decreases off-camber stability, which is why I always avoided body lifts in my project trucks.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Yes it is a cheaper alternative. But again it decreases off-camber stability, which is why I always avoided body lifts in my project trucks.
Bruh STFU already. Center of gravity and off camber stability does not depend on whether it's a suspension lift or a body lift. I doubt you even know what off camber stability is. Go ahead and Google it tho. You must enjoy looking like a f*cking idiot.
You do a damn good job of it.

audioholic

not a moderator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
Bruh STFU already. Center of gravity and off camber stability does not depend on whether it's a suspension lift or a body lift. I doubt you even know what off camber stability is. Go ahead and Google it tho. You must enjoy looking like a f*cking idiot.
You do a damn good job of it.
So Im suppose to be debating a guy about building offroad trucks that doesn't even know the basics of why a suspension lift is superior to a body lift? lol Go make an offer on that truck bro, a bought-not-built suits your knowledge base, clearly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 16)

• Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds