Pioneer TS-A692C Just mid bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

George D

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2020 Chrysler 300 with base no amp audio. Swapped rear and dash speakers - all no problem. Swapped in Pioneer TS-A692C just the mid- bass 6x9 in door- tossed the tweeters - have JBL 3.5 in dash and now getting some distortion and cut out at low volume. I will be putting in Kenwood xr600 DSP 6 channel amp for these… so is it:
1. Low power head unit amp with like 15 watts going there
2. Or the attached in line crossover the Pioneer has on the 6x9 and I should just clip that off since the the amp will dictate crossover?

my question is wait for 2 weeks when I get the amps installed and all is good with more power or is the inline crossover having an issue without the pioneer tweeters inline?
Some music is fine, and when it has distortion/static issues it’s only LOW volume as turning it up seems to make it all sound fine- but it’s the crap stock head unit so who knows?’n

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...