Pioneer - GM 3000

Participant count
  • Participant list

DoubleKill

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello guys, recently I bought an amplifier over ebay.
The model is: Pioneer - GM 3000 the version with 8DIN connectors at the back, however seller didn't mention that.
So I spoke to an electrical mechanic who added chinches to this connectors and tried the amplifer locally at the workplace and it's working.
Whenever I tried to connect it to my car, it does start for a couple of seconds, but the noise is really strange like I have a broken speaker and then it turns off.
He told me maybe bad ground or something, but I tried on a different car with differents cables and it remain the same issue.

I thought to myself if the cables aren't strong enough maybe they don't provide the necessary power to supply this monster
the cables I ordered are these:
Cables I ordered

I connected everything as it supposed to be, but it doesn't work at all.
It starts for a couple of seconds then it turns off, maybe goes in protect mode but I don't understand this very much.
Any advice appreciated also if you have service manual for this model: Pioneer GM-3000 I will be very happy.

s-l1600.jpg

Hey mate,

Check out this video to help you with your quest.

It was that era when car audio brands had specific cables so you could only use it with their particular brand so you were forced to remain loyal to the brand.

Hopefully this video should provide help in your situation.

We already checked this up and he wired the chinches on his own way, he's electrician in the last 30+ years,
So I guess he knows what he's doing, however he said he need an service manual in ordet to check everything correctly.
And in fact we tried the amplifier in his workplace and it was working, but whenever I attached it to the car it turns off itself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.