Pioneer DEH-80PRS EQ Config

You can make adjustments to the different crossovers in the network 1, 2, and 3 menu's. Networks are the individual outputs from your headunit going to your different speakers. Usually with a DEH80PRS you'll have a sub, midrange, and tweeter to choose from in your network menu with the midrange broken up into 2 sections (mid low and mid high). You use network 1 to choose which crossover you want to adjust (low, low mid, mid high, and high). Once youve chosen a crossover in network 1, you use networks 2 and 3 make adjustments to the crossover (high/low pass) cut off frequency (the frequency range you want the selected speakers to start and stop playing), slope (how fast the unit filters out the chosen frequency cutoffs), and gain (adjusting the overall gain for the selected network). How you setup your system will depend greatly on the equipment you're running but I'll use my setup as an example to give you an idea.

I have 12" high excursion sub that doesn't like to play over 50 hz so I set my low pass filter on my subwoffer crossover to 50 hz at a 36db slope. My mids don't play much lower than 80hz so I set my mid low crossover at 80hz with a 24db slope. My tweeters play pretty low and start producing good sound around 3k hz. The deh has an option for 3.15khz so I cut my mids off at 3.15k at a 24db slope, meanwhile bringing in my tweeters at 3.15k with a 24db slope.

Once you've found a good setup for your crossovers you can go into graphic equalizer 1, select one of your 2 custom eq's, then go into graphic equalizer 2 and make further specific adjustments.
If you aren't setup in network mode you can still the graphic equalizer option to build your own custom EQ.
For me, my mids and tweets didn't need any further adjustment although my sub needed to be adjusted to limit lower frequencies (below my port tuning). I also needed to limit higher frequencies (my sub starts clipping prematurely at higher frequencies)

There's more to it than this but this should get you what you need to get started.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Gordie

Gordie
new hampshire
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
20 hz bass machine