pioneer avh-p2400bt white screen

pward

CarAudio.com Newbie

Car radio Pioneer AVH-P2400BT, I literally just pulled it out to look at speaker wiring and put it back in, now I have white screen. The radio works I just can't get screen back to normal. is there a certain wire or something that i should look for being pulled out or something?​

According to pioneer you net to do a soft reset. There should be a small hole right above the USB. Use a paperclip, poke in and hold it for 3 seconds.
there is no hole above the usb, just the hinge for the port cover

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 40
Perhaps unplug the harness at the back (or disconnect your car battery) again for an hour or so and see what happens. Give it time without any power going to it, to hopefully reset.

I have an older AVH-P4300DVD unit that glitched out or would power up with a blank screen, traced it back to a bad ribbon cable connection to the face at the main board. Did it most of the time when powering on, just seemed dead, but was clearly still powering on to some extent. A main difference there though was the face is motorized on that model and it angles / flips down to insert a disc, which puts strain on cables over time.

The 2400BT does not have a motorized face, so unlikely that is the problem, but if removing power doesn't help, perhaps a bad connection inside somewhere if you run out of other ideas. Fingers crossed that letting it sit without power for a bit resets it for you.

I do not believe there is any external wire that will cause a white screen, so if a reset doesn't fix it, it very well may be an internal problem.

2rzfe, it's stuck on white screen, can't see system settings. i simply pulled it out, looked at the speaker wires, put it back in and boom, white screen. radio and bluetooth work i just have to hit the src button till i find them.

had the radio out several hours saturday and it didn't reset, sent pioneer an email but haven't heard back, i'm guessing this thing has a reset somewhere but i can't find a thread or video anywhere that shows it.

all this because i'm adding speakers to a ford fn ranger, speakers are in but cant adjust fade, balance or eq so still sounds like everything is up front...what a fk story.

so if i have already had the unit out of the truck without power for several hours does that mean a reset won't work?

i'm still thinking something happened with a wire when i initially pulled it out, the green wire/pkg brake bypass seems to be intact although i'm not the one who installed it.

the red wire coming off the back up jack isn't connected to anything but has electrical tape on it like it was connected to something.

driving me crazy

I skimmed the manual and did not see any mention of a reset on that model, so bummer if leaving the power disconnected did not help. Maybe Pioneer will have info on that.

Again, I don’t know any wiring in the harness that would cause a white screen. Parking brake wire will cause a warning to pop up, and back up just toggles reverse camera input if I recall. The parking brake wire, back up wire, should not cause this, they just change what the display shows, not stop it from displaying entirely like you are getting.

Being the stereo is working otherwise, makes me think an issue to the display internally, why it happened now I don’t know. Give some time and see what Pioneer says, hopefully not just a generic reply, but who knows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...