Pics of my Profi Vanadium Phase Plug set + install pics

Where are the tweets mounted? Have you given them a listen yet? How you like 'em compared to the CMX's?
The tweets are mounted in my A pillars...other different sets I've owned I've had the tweets mounted there, and liked the outcome.

I've had the phase plugs installed for about a week and a half now. As far as my opinion of the CAL26's vs. the CAL25's, there's a pretty big difference in overall sound.

The CAL25's from the CMX set seemed to be brighter to me....still pleasant to listen to, tho, but just had a brighter sound to them. The CAL26's have a very detailed sound, but aren't quite as bright as the CAL25's, IMO. Definitely more definition with accoustic sounds and vocals in the CAL26's. Stuff like Pantera and Hatebreed doesn't sound as good on the Profi's as they did on the CMX's....but rock/metal with less distortion, such as Warrant, Megadeth, Tool, etc, DEFINITELY sounds awesome on the Profi's.

how is the imaging? I am trying to get my profi 635's in this weekend. High hopes I guess.
The CAL26 tweeters are GREAT either on or off axis. I've got both tweets pointed pretty much directly at me at about neck level (in the A pillars), and they bring the sound I want them to bring.

The mids are mounted in the factory holes in the doors, with just a standard baffle, and their sound reproduction is on point, also....very full and accurate to my ear.

Mmmmm.....635's.....those are the 3-ways, correct? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

'alphakenny1' actually did a pretty extensive review on the CAL26 tweeter....I believe it's on the DIY forums.

Check it out if you're interested, it's a great review!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
lol Thanks man, I'm really digging them, too!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

yep, they are the 3ways, I am going with the midbass in the doors, 4 and tweets in the dash. Passive at first, but if I can't get it where I want it I will move to active. Im considering selling a few amps and trying a butler fro the front stage

Did you figure out what's wrong with the crossover? Or you are going active now?
No, not specifically what was wrong. My installer had a tester that looked like a screwdriver with a 3 foot or so wire lead coming out of it, and he tested each crossover + and - connection on the crossovers themselves with it. He told me that the - connections should NOT be lighting up the indicator light on the instrument he's using to test when he touches the lead to them....only the + connections should light up the instrument.

I'm sure someone on here knows what the "instrument" is that my installer used. I forgot to ask him what it was. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yep, they are the 3ways, I am going with the midbass in the doors, 4 and tweets in the dash. Passive at first, but if I can't get it where I want it I will move to active. Im considering selling a few amps and trying a butler fro the front stage
NIICE, man. How much power you plan to give them passive?

A Butler amp for those components would sound UNBELIEVABLE. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

That was likely a continuity tester.
LOL Thanks man! I was hoping you'd be one of the ones to chime in with a thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Yeah... sorry I haven't been on AIM. Been sick at home all week. The meds didn't take care of the sinus infection I had last week and turned into pneumonia. Had to get xrays, a breathing treatment, a shot of antibiotics, and 4 prescriptions. It *****.

Yeah... sorry I haven't been on AIM. Been sick at home all week. The meds didn't take care of the sinus infection I had last week and turned into pneumonia. Had to get xrays, a breathing treatment, and 4 prescriptions. It *****.
Man, that blows! Sorry to hear, brotha. I hope you're finally starting to feel better. D@mn inclement weather!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.