PHUCKING ****!!! Help me out

ngsm13
5,000+ posts

BSEE
Cincinnati, OH
OK, so i had a problem with a crackling noise through my tweeters. So, i know it's usually associated wtih ground problems...and power being next to RCA's and **** or whatev. My power is on the totally opposite side of the truck. SO, i read this thread http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45926 and thought i would have my problem solved. SO, i did like it sez at the bottom of first and top of 2nd page...AND wow, it is gone...i was so happy. BUT i start driving around and **** starts crackling again through the tweeters. SO WTF is the **** problem...it is REALLY bothering me now. Ask me any question you want about my setup/install that would help u or me get to the bottom of this.

Speakers: CDT cl-61a's

Amp: US acoustics 2080

The RCA's from HU, remote, front left and right components wiring (for power to x-ocers for comps), the two wires from the HU as suggested in thread above are running down my left or driver side. While my 1/0 awg power is running my right or passenger side. Please any1 that could help me solve this...i will be very thankful. peace

NG

it may be your amp i had a legacy amp for a while amd it made the same noise, a new amp fixed the problem. Probably not what you wanted to hear - sorry. but listem to other solutions to im still kindof a newb

If it is in both tweets it in not a signal transmission problem. It might be a problem in the amp's power supply that is bleeding over to the audio circuitry at an audible frequency. If it is just in one tweet, I would be looking for a loose connection for the wire to that tweet or a loose RCA cable on that channel. Alt whine and crackling are two very different beasts. Alt whine is almost always a ground problem. Crackling is almost always a loose connection in the signal path somewhere. Good luck.

AHH....hmmm, well mine is more of a crackling. I mean...i unhooked my RCA's from that amp...and it still made that crackling sound when the car was on. ALSO, i haven't had this problem since the beginning when i installed the speakers and amp...i came about few months later after i installed some new ****. peace

NG

Is it a random static type sound or is it more regular? If it is random, or relatively so, something is loose, maybe in your amp. If it is more of a popping noise and is fairly regular and varies with RPM, I would check your plug wires.

What did you add that made it start?

I had the same problem with my isuzu truck. One of the "v belts" was slipping on the alternator. Tightened those and the problem went away! I also run CDT's, if its any consolation. I'd check your serpentine/vbelts for tension problems if I were you.

HMMM...well i just wonder what the serpentin/vbelt would have to do with the static in my tweeters...but i'll check it out.

HELOTAXI-

It's not necessarily what caused it...but started around the i put one of my avionixx amplifiers in! When i first got the amplifiers...i didn't have my alternator yet. SO, since my magnums are in separate chambers...i just hooked up one avionixx 1200.2 to one magnum d2. Like, the next day is when it started.

THEN, i installed my alt...re-did grounds in 1/0 on my red top under the hood. I ran 1/0 from red top in front to my yellow top in my cab...and ground the yellow top in rear. My 2 avionixx 1200.2's and usx2080 are hooked up to the yellow top in the rear. the avionixx amps are ground in rear with the yellow top batt. ground. AND NOW, the usx 2080 ground is plugged ito one of the 1200.2's grounds...and HU's ground is plugged into 2080's ground for the moment.

It's very hard to describe. Like, i'll do something to try and fix it. THEN sitting at idle with truck on it's silent...no crackling...then when i drive as RPMs increase crackling does also. (did that last night) Then this morning, as soon as i turn the truck the crackling starts...get done with school...and crackling starts as soon as i turn on car and stay constant. NOW, just 30mins. ago i noticed one wire looked like it had be rubbing against emergency brake on driver site...so i re-do that whole wire and cable tie i back out of the way. NOW, it is silent again sitting at idle...silent when i barely gas it...but if i accelerate hard then it crackles. That is my current situation...and thanx for helping me try to solve this...peace

NG

for your front speakers sorry but change your rca's for the front 2 speakers - get some high end one's i'm having the same problem and regardless of the wireiswires bullshyt i think that will solve the pblm - reason i think this is b/c my friend had the same goshda*mmothafuc*ing problem and that solved it.

i shall get back to you on results in about 1 week - until then just play your music loud enough to where you can't hear the wine

for your front speakers sorry but change your rca's for the front 2 speakers - get some high end one's i'm having the same problem and regardless of the wireiswires bullshyt i think that will solve the pblm - reason i think this is b/c my friend had the same goshda*mmothafuc*ing problem and that solved it.
i shall get back to you on results in about 1 week - until then just play your music loud enough to where you can't hear the wine
yeah, i've been doing it for a while no...loud enough so i can't hear the crackling. But yeah warren...hit me up on AIM: ngbd13 when u find out and let me know exact brand RCA's and ****...i'll try anything to get that **** to go away. peace

NG

yeah, i've been doing it for a while no...loud enough so i can't hear the crackling. But yeah warren...hit me up on AIM: ngbd13 when u find out and let me know exact brand RCA's and ****...i'll try anything to get that **** to go away. peace
NG
oh yeah, turn ur gain down on ur amp too - that will solve the pblm in the meantime (somewhat)

It started basically when you put in the new amp? Disconnect the remote wire from that amp to see if that amp is radiating some noise. Also reground everything using its own wire to the same point on the chassis. Don't daisy-chain your grounds. Basically just stack all the ring terminals under one bolt. I don't know if you did this, but upgrade the engine block ground as well, it is the ground for the alt and could be a weak link in the chain.

Once you've done all that, if the noise is still there, unplug the RCA's from the amp. If the noise is still present, it is not a signal problem it is a problem with one of the amps. If it is not present, try running a straight shot RCA from the HU to the amp. If you still have noise, it is likely coming from the HU itself. You might be picking up radiated spark noise on the HU power feed. Pull the HU out of the dash and patch it into the power for the amps. With the power supply relocated, the noise should hopefully be gone. If it is, then rewire a direct feed for the HU from the battery rather than using the factory wiring. Use a relay for the IGN wire to turn it on and off but isolate it from the noisy wiring. If it is not gone, try another HU.

It started basically when you put in the new amp? Disconnect the remote wire from that amp to see if that amp is radiating some noise. Also reground everything using its own wire to the same point on the chassis. Don't daisy-chain your grounds. Basically just stack all the ring terminals under one bolt. I don't know if you did this, but upgrade the engine block ground as well, it is the ground for the alt and could be a weak link in the chain.
Once you've done all that, if the noise is still there, unplug the RCA's from the amp. If the noise is still present, it is not a signal problem it is a problem with one of the amps. If it is not present, try running a straight shot RCA from the HU to the amp. If you still have noise, it is likely coming from the HU itself. You might be picking up radiated spark noise on the HU power feed. Pull the HU out of the dash and patch it into the power for the amps. With the power supply relocated, the noise should hopefully be gone. If it is, then rewire a direct feed for the HU from the battery rather than using the factory wiring. Use a relay for the IGN wire to turn it on and off but isolate it from the noisy wiring. If it is not gone, try another HU.
****, thanx for all the suggestions. I'll be quick to try them out tomorrow after school...and yeah...currently the sound came back. but yeah...chassis ground and engine block ground are 1/0. And i will sure ground the one with the others asap...just gotta un-bolt my sub amps and yellow top to get back there. Thanx again...hopefully this will solve the problem...if not //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif i will EVEN MORE pissed. peace

NG

it may be your amp i had a legacy amp for a while amd it made the same noise, a new amp fixed the problem. Probably not what you wanted to hear - sorry. but listem to other solutions to im still kindof a newb
I confirm this its not rca's its the amp

if you want details hit me up on aol aim.

In my old setup I started having a crackling problem with my tweeters and it was because some of the wiring connections between the tweeter and the xover and started to come loose. Just a thought for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.