Phone Feature on Headunit?

sungwei
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
lkj
Anyone use the phone feature on their headunit if they have it? My Alpine has a phone function but you have to by the cell phone module for it.

How does this work? Do your regular speakers become the phone and the microphone? Where can you get the module/piece to make it work? How useful is it? It seems like an sweet feature and I"m really thinking about picking it up. I'm just wondering if it works with all phones or only specific ones. I have an old LG 510.

Thanks for any input on this.

It works like this: if you recieve a call the volume of the music will go down automaticly as if you would press the ATT button on the HU. A lot of HU's have this function, it's just one wire that you hook up to the carkit. Now you are talking about a phone module you need, that meens it will play the sound of the call over your speakers. You will still need a mic. It should work with all phones that have carkits available...

Thanks for the input. Does anyone know a good place to get one? I guess I oughtta check sounddomain. I'm not a baller but I do hate trying to drive and hold a phone to my ear. Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't be talking in the first place but sometimes you gotta answer the phone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.