limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
i know you all want to know what i think

pg tantrum 1200.1 vs hifonics bx1500d

hum i can't compare power..

pg has more power at 4 and 2 ohms

hifonics is 1ohm stable and has its power there.

if u'r running anything at 1.75-4ohms get the pg

if u're running anything at 1.75-1ohm get the hifonics

pg is easier to tune

hifonics comes w/remote bass boost knob

pg has internal fan

hifoincs has annoying glow (good for ricers or to attract attention to car (basically good for those 18 and younger))

WITH THE SUB I HAVE (1 12w7 running at 3ohms) the pg is the better choice, you see were my money went.

The Hifonics is more versatile in my opinion. It is, like you said, 1 ohm stable, and it has a stronger crossover, 18db vs. 24db.

To me, my PG 1200.1 doesn't put out it's rated power into 4 ohms. And contrary to the advertisement it is not as effecient as they claim. Mine has a current draw of upto 156 amps according to the verification sheet. That doesn't seem very effecient.

The only thing that the PG has that the Hifonics doesn't is the "All Pass" option, where you can let 20-20k play through the amp. Other than that, if max power at a higher impedance load doesnt matter, the Hifonics is the Better amp.

To me.

Either way, they both sound Wonderful.

did you notice that it also says @ 4ohms you'll get a minum of 1200 watts? probably didn't pay attention that that did ya? that current draw of 156 amps was a max figure when the amp is at 4ohms ran to its max power / draw

i'm sorry but hands down phoneix gold is a better amp.....

I am currently trying to decide between these two amps and the Tsunami. Looks like I am leaning a little more towards the PG as oppose to the Hifonics.

Now to just determine which to go with between the PG and the Tsunami.

Well, that's why I said "to me".

But I really don't think my PG put out 1200wrms @4ohms. My sub barely moved at all. By barely I mean I had to put my finger on the surround to see if it was moving. Seemed more like 120wrms @4ohms.

It ended up dying on me in less than 2 weeks. Hey, maybe it was defective.

It put out wonderful sound though, as does my Hifonics.

Again, remember, I said "to me" the Hifonics 1500D is better. I respect your opinion.

Hey, we werent bashing your opinion or anything just stating our own. Those amps come with birthsheets stating how much power they put out. I would agree with your assessment that the amp was probally defective. 1200-1500 watts should move any sub.

I am currently trying to decide between these two amps and the Tsunami. Looks like I am leaning a little more towards the PG as oppose to the Hifonics.
Now to just determine which to go with between the PG and the Tsunami.
let me help you with that decision....

pg has a internal fan tsunami doesn't.

cya

having that much power it can only help + pg is cheaper.....

let me help you with that decision....
pg has a internal fan tsunami doesn't.

cya

having that much power it can only help + pg is cheaper.....
So?

Great reasoning //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

So?
Great reasoning //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
eh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif , had to get boil it down to something.... and price + the fan is what i came up with...

i hear a lot of people say the hifonics is better only because it's 1 ohm stable but that's not true unless you run them goofy jl audio subs with dual 3 ohms. it gets it's full power at 4 ohms so you can run 2 dvc 4ohm sub 2 2ohm dvc subs or 1 2 ohm dvc or 1 4 ohm dvc sub so needing it to be 1 ohm stable is un neccasrry and therfore there is no reason to buy a hifonics over the tantrum unless you run a single jl sub with dual 3 ohms in that case you probably would buy one of those overpriced jl amps anyways but this my opinion for anybody that gives a ****.

i hear a lot of people say the hifonics is better only because it's 1 ohm stable but that's not true unless you run them goofy jl audio subs with dual 3 ohms. it gets it's full power at 4 ohms so you can run 2 dvc 4ohm sub 2 2ohm dvc subs or 1 2 ohm dvc or 1 4 ohm dvc sub so needing it to be 1 ohm stable is un neccasrry and therfore there is no reason to buy a hifonics over the tantrum unless you run a single jl sub with dual 3 ohms in that case you probably would buy one of those overpriced jl amps anyways but this my opinion for anybody that gives a ****.
hmmmmmmm u got my head spinning now......

this kinda makes since to me. But I think I will still go with the Phoenix Gold. who knows I may change my mind again in a week or two. Hell I still haven't decided if I am going with a XXX or a Mag D2. (that's the hard choice)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.