Parallel 6th order/RDS 6.5

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
Nov 5, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow. I’m pretty impressed. I’m going to hold on to this for a few weeks and let my coworker rock my 10 inch Dayton while I push this thing really hard and see how it holds up. This RDS Audio 6.5 has nice usable bass from 27-65 HZ in this box. I’m diggin it a lot. Anyone who happens to be in the Tucson AZ area, I’d be happy to give a demo. I’m super excited to push this thing to its limits for the next few weeks and see how it takes my abuse.

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
I wouldnt get too crazy with it.. Its only a 6.5. Keep it up high, dont get too nasty with it man. Youd be putting it along side of the other 3. That type of enclosure can Murder a sub

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Nice looking sub for sure though.Little BEAST

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
I wouldn't go much below 30 hz. at high volume. It looks like a beast though. The 8's look like monsters.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Did you really go out to the desert to play that 6-½"?
Prob. have too. My closest neighbors are Local Law enforcements. The guy doesnt care but the wife can get pissy and give me problems if Im in the garage at home.

Reactions: SlugButter

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
Nov 5, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldnt get too crazy with it.. Its only a 6.5. Keep it up high, dont get too nasty with it man. Youd be putting it along side of the other 3. That type of enclosure can Murder a sub
It doesn’t like to play below 30 HZ. I have a -24 db SSF set at 30 along with a limiter that cuts it back when it senses a clipped signal. Effective bandwidth is from 30-65 HZ. Really solid sounding on music. Where you really have to be careful is around the 60-65 HZ area. The sub is only moving about 3 mm at 60 cycles per second, so it’s easy to burn a coil in that little spot with test tones. You can still hear over excursion in a parallel tune, unlike a series tune, where you might not hear over excursion until it’s already jumped it’s gap and caused damage. I had this thing really stinky this afternoon running test tones at my cabin gain frequency. That’s at about 59 HZ.

• Love
Reactions: Buck and audiobaun

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
It doesn’t like to play below 30 HZ. I have a -24 db SSF set at 30 along with a limiter that cuts it back when it senses a clipped signal. Effective bandwidth is from 30-65 HZ. Really solid sounding on music. Where you really have to be careful is around the 60-65 HZ area. The sub is only moving about 3 mm at 60 cycles per second, so it’s easy to burn a coil in that little spot with test tones. You can still hear over excursion in a parallel tune, unlike a series tune, where you might not hear over excursion until it’s already jumped it’s gap and caused damage. I had this thing really stinky this afternoon running test tones at my cabin gain frequency. That’s at about 59 HZ.
:LOL: :LOL: 😁:poop:Whats that Smell??😁

• Haha
Reactions: Buck

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Prob. have too. My closest neighbors are Local Law enforcements. The guy doesnt care but the wife can get pissy and give me problems if Im in the garage at home.
My friend goes down to the closed K-Mart parking lot and tunes his 180 db build. I guess you do what you have to do.

Reactions: audiobaun

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Latest posts