Paint the car or no? (pics)

The matte black kit is $500 with a sprayer, which is perfectly reasonable imo. Everything I've read says that you can take it through a car wash a few weeks after it's sprayed or use a power washer on it. Having a hard time thinking of a reason not to try it.

Those car washes are probably the reason your paint is so scratched now.

If you are fine with the flat black look go for it. I would recommend the pre dip spray though. Make sure all the little seams and cracks are clean from any wax, oils, or moisture before spraying it. Don't spray too thin or will come out textured and be careful when getting gas to never drip any on the dip.

I painted cars in auto shop in high school, I painted cars for a living after high school, and I paint all of my own cars. Almost every single post in this thread is incorrect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

i know it may be a PITA, and it usually is... But id pull that HU out/ from the dash and check all your wiring connections and RCA connections...
A set of rounds in all of the doors, not the front or the front and the rears, with the dash speakers, no mention of the rear doors, didn't...
I own a 2016 Lincoln MKT. I purchased a FORScan chip to increase the power handling of my aftermarket speakers. However, I'm having trouble...
You can add a passive x-over between the HK harness and Logic sub. Just know that an inline passive will also affect the HK sub's frequency curve...
I just had the normal muscle stiffness in the neck and back when you get impacted hard. I wasn’t going to lawyer up until my insurance company and...

About this thread

Jonnyswboy

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Jonnyswboy
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Slo_Ride