overheated!! help!1

Participant count
  • Participant list

cf680c2

ASIA
hi all... Am using a BOSS rev-800 to power up 2 12" woofers, the AMP went into protect mode after 1/2 an hrs due to high temperature.. is there anyway to reduce heat?? or the amp is not suitable for my woofers?? woofer spec: 4 ohm max 600w

Well, the amp is definately where the problem lies. Boss amps unfortunately are not of the highest quality and thier circuitry is far from suitable for car audio.

Likely the final impedence of the woofers on the amplifier was to low for the amp to handle therefore it went into protection.

Sorry for the bad news, but the amp has got to go.

Take it easy,

-zane

Lanzar, Power Acustic, MTX

all very cheap amps

not to bad

I agree the BOSS amps cant handel very much

Make sure thoes subs arent bridged...cause that amp im pretty sure cant handle a 2 ohm load mono

At least thats what it sounds ilke

MY POS 1500 Power Acustic amp does the same but I keep it super cooled so its fine

Originally posted by julian:any amps to reccomend? prefferably cheap amps
I have quite a few that could easily work for your system. Are you looking to stay within a certain price range?

There are several amps out there that are worth thier wieght in gold that dont cost an arm and a leg.

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.