ORION XTR PRO 12" vs. JL 10TW3's

Some is better than Rockford, MTX, PPI, Soundstream and all the others from back in the day.
Pretty much all the greats have fallen, but really how many brands have the image and clientele to command the prices JL charges to be able to afford to do as much manufacturing in the USA as they do? Certainly nobody who does JL's volume.

Pretty much all the greats have fallen, but really how many brands have the image and clientele to command the prices JL charges to be able to afford to do as much manufacturing in the USA as they do? Certainly nobody who does JL's volume.
I would have thought Rockford could do it. I think that an investment company has a controlling share of them though. At least the products are still good. I hate seeing production in America die out.

I hate seeing production in America die out.
And yet nobody ever cries foul as more and more taxes and regulation are lumped on businesses in this country. What do you suppose a Chinese sweat shop pays in payroll taxes each month? What's their worker's comp insurance bill look like? How much do they shell out in payroll taxes and property taxes? All that and who even wants to work in this country anymore?

And yet nobody ever cries foul as more and more taxes and regulation are lumped on businesses in this country. What do you suppose a Chinese sweat shop pays in payroll taxes each month? What's their worker's comp insurance bill look like? How much do they shell out in payroll taxes and property taxes? All that and who even wants to work in this country anymore?

This was not meant to start a hate America platform. If you you want to talk about taxes and regulation you cannot put that on America as a whole. It really depends on which state and city you live and work in because it's at that level that that determines how they will treat businesses. For instance I live in California (horrible now) and worked in the city of Buena Park. That city made it so hard to do business because of the taxes and rent (and they were one of the lower end areas) then just being in California made it worse. Businesses are now fleeing to Texas and Arizona or other states that are way more sympathetic to small businesses and they are flourishing there. They want businesses to come. California seems to want to drive them out.

For instance I live in California
My condolences. We had so much audio businesses actually manufacturing there back in the 80s and into the 90s until costs and liability of doing anything there drove those folks out. Yes, as you say some states are better than others, but the point being there's a lot of costs of doing business in the first world that people don't consider.

Why not three slim line Dayton 10's?
Screenshot_20200731-001254_Samsung Internet.jpg

This was not meant to start a hate America platform. If you you want to talk about taxes and regulation you cannot put that on America as a whole. It really depends on which state and city you live and work in because it's at that level that that determines how they will treat businesses. For instance I live in California (horrible now) and worked in the city of Buena Park. That city made it so hard to do business because of the taxes and rent (and they were one of the lower end areas) then just being in California made it worse. Businesses are now fleeing to Texas and Arizona or other states that are way more sympathetic to small businesses and they are flourishing there. They want businesses to come. California seems to want to drive them out.
I’m sorry, I got into car audio in tenth grade, 1992. I saw it peak and it seems like the industry is fighting a losing battle to continue. I am just lamenting the golden era when the best equipment said made in the USA 🇺🇸. Soundstream had it on their amps “Proudly handcrafted in the USA. Now they have been sold and are produced in China and they don’t make claimed power. I just hate to see that. I’m not analyzing taxes or the corporate need for more and more profit. I am just missing a time when every company in the industry had passion for sound.

I’m sorry, I got into car audio in tenth grade, 1992. I saw it peak and it seems like the industry is fighting a losing battle to continue. I am just lamenting the golden era when the best equipment said made in the USA 🇺🇸. Soundstream had it on their amps “Proudly handcrafted in the USA. Now they have been sold and are produced in China and they don’t make claimed power. I just hate to see that. I’m not analyzing taxes or the corporate need for more and more profit. I am just missing a time when every company in the industry had passion for sound.

Me too man!!

Hell yeah, me too man. I still have my first Orion Red 225 HCCA from that era when they were built in the U.S.A. Needs to be fixed but back in the day that little 50 watt amp pounded my whole system. I miss those days. You could go to the convention center at Long Beach Grand Prix and see tons of custom cars and trucks with hammering systems, SPL comps, clarity comps. Car audio was a big thing back then.

I ran into this video. Say's it's 2 10TW3's so if this is true I would say 3 of them should be more than enough for me I am assuming bumping harder than one 12 XTR PRO

Unless the sundowns would be louder than those. I know they would be more affordable. I know, I'm weird about buying products I don't know about. Though I did find JL by doing that very thing and have been a JL sub supporter ever since.

Unless the sundowns would be louder than those. I know they would be more affordable. I know, I'm weird about buying products I don't know about. Though I did find JL by doing that very thing and have been a JL sub supporter ever since.
JL makes awesome stuff. You can’t argue against that. They don’t lie about amp power and if you get something from them it will perform. I am not saying other companies are inferior, I am just saying that I don’t know anyone who has used JL and been disappointed.

Take a look at the Alpine S series, especially the ten inch, see if the depth might work for you. They are moderate depth subs - between standard depth and shallow mount.

I really don't like shallow subs. But if you have to use them, the JL shallows are about the best you can do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.