Orion Cobalt????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jnoble
10+ year member

BluntMaster
Couple of q's?

first does anyone know the histroy of orion (ie. if it has always been a line of directed audio or if it has been bought).

Also are there fake orions out there?

Actual question.

I have an orion 100.2 and for some odd reason the remote wire runs right in between the speaker outputs. I have the remote wire running to my deck. I'm not sure if this is why, but when I skip songs I get a thump from my subs right before the song starts. I'm pretty sure the wiring is clean I've had a few other amps hooked up in its place without the same problem and there is no initial thump when I turn the power on. Any suggestions?

thanks

JN

Kenwood Excelon PIECE of **** deck

kicker 5.25 co-axial

pioneer 6x9

2 pioneer 400watt 12

1 RF HE 12

Orion built amps are some of the best on the market..though kind of pricey but well worth it if you can afford it.. :thumbs_up

The cobalt is basically an entry level amp that they make. I never heard anything bad about them.

Hmmm. That's what I always thought. Wonder what the problem could be. Amp was purchased through ebay does anyone know if there could have been some damage that would cause this problem?

Even with the slight problem I'm experiencing now; the used 140w RMS Orion (supposedly only 4 ohm stable) still pounds my 12's at 2 ohms with no cut out, way harder than the brand new Alpine class D mono sub amp rated at 350w RMS @ 2ohm I used to have (took that POS back 8 days after I bought it brand new.).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.