Orion 2500d are awful amps!

nissanrider06
10+ year member

VooDoo
Eagan, MN
If anyone has sone any research on these and people have compared them side by side to any other decent amps know this, but I was just surprised by how many people used to like them when they were popular and some still use them today, I tested them side by side by 2 different amps a visonik and another one and the orion sounded bad compared to the other 2 and didn't get as loud... any thought or experience on this? Am I doing something wrong, i really am hoping i am missing something because I can buy 2 right now very very cheap, but It will kill me to know what I am missing out on...

lol ok drive to his dam house than and he will prove it to you. Its not like he can just go outside and record a video for you and you'll be able to perfectly tell the sound quality.

So your callin orion 2500d amp awful, with no proof or explanation, and or anything of the like? Sounds to me, you don't have proper experience.
I have first-hand proof/experience I compared them to 2 different amps of similar power... and they were just missing something in the sound, the other amps sounded much fuller and noticeably louder...

Has anyone else compare there 2500d's to other amps of similar power and noticed a sq difference? I have reead a lot of bad reviews but a lot of good ones as well, but none of the good ones are replacing amps of similar power or even comparing amps...

not sure how you were using them. The people that I know that used them were very happy with them. Now, I will say none of them were using them in a "SQ" application. For subs, have more than enough power and are reliable.

i've had up to as many as four 2500d's in my car at once, and i absolutely loved the sound of them, would still have two or more if not for my soundstream opportunity. sounds like you just taint got it goin on!

2500D's kick a$$, gettin them repaired ***** tho
I still have a blown one that is sitting at a buddies place, its been like 2 yrs I really should get it back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.