opinions on subs...and help finding amp to power them..

Im looking at re srx12d4 4 ohm dvc, 300watt rms $99

Mtx tr55 4 ohm dvc, 400watt rms 800 max. $119

And mtx tr75 4ohm dvc, 500watt rms 1000max $179

And need help finding a good amp for them...

Im lookin at the hifonics brutus brz1200.1d

Im debating on the tr75 cuz i dont really want to spend almost 200 on 1 sub bit it looks like a good one..

Last edited by a moderator:
You're looking in the wrong place, go to soundsolutionsaudio.com, the store section is having a massive sale right now, you can score subs that are 10x better for the same amount of money.

2003 accord coupe...right now i hav 2 memphis 12 but wanted to upgrade...

im looking to spend around 400 total...2 twelves and an amp
For subs and an amp??$400 bucks??Maybe your subs just need a better made box and more power?What are the model of the subs,type/size of box, and amp being used right now,at what ohm load?

It doesnt matterBut id perfer dvc
I was asking what ohm load your Memphis was,but all the PR subs I found are only 250rms subs.A Lanzar MaxPro 12 would do more justice than the sub you have on the cheapest of just replacing the sub only.A pair of good solid tens will slam in that car very nicely.If I could get a pair of Lanzar Max Pro tens @1.4 cu ft per chamber ported at approx 36htz to slamm hard as hell in a 93 Acura Integra coupe on an Old school Mean Machine 99,and with authority,I have no doubt in my mind to recommend that one 12/10 and that little bitty amp above/Autotek BTS 7050 on a DVC4ohm sub running At2ohms at approx 1.6-1.8 cu ft ported at approx 34htz will slamm in that coupe

What amp you running at the moment on that one Memphis 12?At a $400 dollar budget, it can be done, but you may have to consider a used amp,new sub/subs, and build your own box,with a cut out sheet possibly from a box builder on here.It can be done though..$400 bucks..wont be top notch top grade stuff, but will get your moneys worth for the budget,that i will try to recommend you

I was asking what ohm load your Memphis was,but all the PR subs I found are only 250rms subs.A Lanzar MaxPro 12 would do more justice than the sub you have on the cheapest of just replacing the sub only.A pair of good solid tens will slam in that car very nicely.If I could get a pair of Lanzar Max Pro tens @1.4 cu ft per chamber ported at approx 36htz to slamm hard as hell in a 93 Acura Integra coupe on an Old school Mean Machine 99,and with authority,I have no doubt in my mind to recommend that one 12/10 and that little bitty amp above/Autotek BTS 7050 on a DVC4ohm sub running At2ohms at approx 1.6-1.8 cu ft ported at approx 34htz will slamm in that coupe
you really need to not give advise.

OP pick up 2 dcon 12's or 10's in s4 and run them on an apsm1500 wired at 2...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.