Opinions on rewiring and amp placement after ground noise issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

94 ranger

CarAudio.com Recruit
Pioneer nex 4200 HDMI head unit
Taramps ds1200x4
Taramps ds800x4

I have had some ground noise /engine noise issues in two diff aspects. Key forward amps on can hear hissing which is in a way the gain and power noise you hear standard since the speakers are amped up pretty good which goes away once volume is applied Then there is the Key started engine running the sound it amps up and seems to follow through using dash components such as if I turn my blower motor on med or high the tone increases. I have big 3 upgrade in my suburban power to the alternator+ is 1/0 alternator is grounded to frame with 1/0 and the better is grounded to the frame and chassis with 1/0 and the Alternator is stock but recently new " hope it's not failing".

I tried to run 3 diff headunits to rule out a bad radio and or ground . I routed all the Headunit grounds right to their own ground points on firewall and some other areas Still amp engine noise!

I ground out all my RCA leads also no change .

Moving to the back where i feel the issue lies in the wiring routing .
MY 1/0 is perfectly routed thru passenger firewall under carpet all the way to back of suv .

The shielded rcas are ran on driver side to the rear they crossover at the cargo area to the pass side where all this wiring congregates together above the rear wheel well I'n a storage area where I happen to had built the amp rack . It's entirely impossible to keep the power wiring grounds speaker wire from all 4 doors and the rcas seperated inside this area especially where they come thru a square cutout area to go into my amp box and connect at the amps.
I feel maybe one or the other is crossing over each other or even the shielded rcas are picking up noise ?

I have grounded both taramps to the body of the vehicle wheel well to be exact with a tap screw "Not Chasis" . Seemed sufficient enough.

Somewhere some how there's noise no matter what.
My rcas are a 50$ set of 20ft long shielded style.
The way the taramps are made they're power and ground and placement makes it hard to seperate two amps from being wired so closely together. I thought maybe there close and picking up noise because the power end side of one amps butts up too the RCA end of another amp which is how I had them on the rack on order to keep them right side up .

Any suggestions on a better placement and routing ?

Have you ruled out a defective alternator or old spark plugs/wires? Sometimes the alternator can have a bad component that will cause a whine in your stereo. Also, your spark plugs, which should be resistor-type, may need replacing. I had an experience where I replaced my spark plugs and wires, and the problem was solved. I also had that issue with a Toyota, where I replaced the alternator, and the noise went away. Have your alternator tested for free at auto supply chain stores.
Just some other areas to investigate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.