Opinions on new 12" subwoofer selections

Okay so after doing some thinking today while not trying to look at the 17 year old cat I am going to have to put down on Tuesday due to full blown cancer. Came to the conclusion that doing another amplifier and then a XS 6500 is just going to be too expensive with other stuff that I need to pay for. So looking at the options below.

Still the Fi Xv3's and yes I know it is a 8 week waiting period.
SSA Icon's possibly in a 4th order depending on cubic feet size needed
I also looked at the FU 1250-12s as well but some claim that these newer ones are not as good and blown to blowing up easily. But I think majority of these people claiming it are just idiots and don't know what they are doing.
And last the DC Level 3's 2.1s. Stuff on them seems to be 50-50 either you love them or hate them.

Once I figure out how much space a 4th order will be then I will go from there and decide later this week. I hate making decisions like this I always end up 2nd guessing myself with this stuff. Either way I go it will be a massive improvement over the TNT's I have now.

idk i had many subs in the past including the sundown SA but i absolute love my ab xfl 12s these things are just nuts for loud low bass even on stock electrical with 1 agm...

Another AB is not going to happen. I discussed this at length with my designer and we both agreed there was better options out there. Not that the XFL's don't hit but I want something better then them at this point.

I am down to the SSA Icon's & the Fi Xv3's. Both will hit hard and better then the XFL';s when the box is done and built.

I even thought about a single 15" as well but going with 2 12 inch instead as they say cone area is king.

Can't do a 4th order the box will just be too big and I need some room for groceries and want the cargo cover to be able to cover the box and everything back there so people can't see exactly what is in there. My amplifiers are all hidden underneath the 3rd row seating area and it works really well and has a bunch of cool air coming into it so they amplifiers never get hot.

Because of power those need 1,500 watts rms and my amplifier only does 2,200 rated at 1ohm and I can not afford to upgrade to 2nd amplifier along with a big agm battery as well that I would need.

Well as I said I can't do anything anyways for a box till April or May with the weather being so cold and snow so I have no issues waiting 8 weeks for the Fi Xv3's. With shipping they would still be about 60 bucks cheaper then the SSA Icon's.

Because of power those need 1,500 watts rms and my amplifier only does 2,200 rated at 1ohm and I can not afford to upgrade to 2nd amplifier along with a big agm battery as well that I would need.

Well as I said I can't do anything anyways for a box till April or May with the weather being so cold and snow so I have no issues waiting 8 weeks for the Fi Xv3's. With shipping they would still be about 60 bucks cheaper then the SSA Icon's.

If you have to wait anyways, you could easily wait for the Fi's since you have to wait for the box.

So I hate bumping old threads but little update...

Fi Xv3's have been sitting here for over a month. They will be put into a Box designed by Buck in the next couple of months. I can't thank him enough for the help with my questions, choices and ideas.

I pulled the trigger today on a Sundown SIA-3.5K as an upgrade to have around since Apex had them for 379.99 with free shipping and no tax charge,lol. Ordered them at 3:30 CST and by 3:50 they already had it boxed up and with a Shipping Label to be sent out later tonight or tomorrow. Can't ask for better service then that!

Will be something to try since I had the extra cash from the refinance of the house recently and with all my bills paid off but the house I can afford to do something nice like that for myself for once. Now the rest of the money will be going towards saving up for my Cutlass over the next 3-4 years. Going to take awhile but oh well it will be worth waiting for in the end with the upgrades I have planned for that already.

Also buying the Alpine CDA-9887 with Ipod from Buck as well to switch over from my Pioneer DEH-80PRS. I love that Pioneer but I always liked my old CDA-9887 when I had it and I've regretted selling it ever since. Plus those Pioneers are no longer being made and people are getting 450-550 on eBay for them now. I have enough radios laying here that I can part with that. Plus I am doing a Dayton DSP-408 as well later on this summer when I install the 6.5" Silver Flutes with the Alpine Tweeters that a lot of people like & use. Might also try a set of 6.5" CDT Audio 2 ohm mid bass also since they are only 99.99 for a pair and have some decent reviews. Also have to pick up some sound deadener as well as not going to use that crappy Kill-Mat I have laying here when I get better stuff for the front doors and rear hatch as I know I am going to need them in both spots.

I will try to get pictures up once the box is done & everything is all tuned and installed.

Fi is over rated as **** and I run one. Apparently their T/S parameters are phony. If you can afford it go for the Sundown Xv2 12s. Also check out B2 Rage/XL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...