Opinion on subwoofer choices

SoundofLife

First I thought maybe T015s and a T1500 amp. That set up would've costed me 3500 and it would've just been a big *** box in my sedan's trunk, likely not what the subwoofers really want or need. I then bought some 12s HDC3s and I sold them to someone else after being convinced the same thing. I started looking into DD and the size of their boxes are crazy big (and I do not want one subwoofer). So now I'm looking at having four P3D410s in a "show build" powered by 2 prime 1200s. With that said, I'd have more than double the cone area and more than double the power (does this mean I'll increase by 6 decibels?)

What do you think of the build in question? Will I be impressed? Should I get a box for this or should I let them just make this "show build"? Meaning they'd want me to appear at shows to show off their work. I'll answer all questions! Links to videos of your own 10s would be acceptable as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
What car?
Id put 2 12s ported in an optimal box with more power
14' Corolla. I'm really not trying to shy away from Rockford Fosgate brand. The next step up woofer would be the T0 10s at $350.00 and only having another 50 watts to the RMS. 2 12's would be 16 inches less for the cone area.

14' Corolla. I'm really not trying to shy away from Rockford Fosgate brand. The next step up woofer would be the T0 10s at $350.00 and only having another 50 watts to the RMS. 2 12's would be 16 inches less for the cone area.
Honestly Rockford are over priced. There t3 woofers are nice but just cost to much. If you want to stay with Rockford go for it.

That's not how cone area works

4 10s is 314"

2 12 is 226"

If you move away from fucford fakegate you will be very very happy.

Those T3s you have are $45 Vifa rebranded tweeters.

But a heads up. Better put a grand aside for alternator and a battery or two.

I dont really know why people post threads when their mind is already made up.

You are gonna go the "show car" route.....and get spanked at shows by all these brands suggested.

those SA12s are $300 and 500 watts. More expensive and same wattage.
sa are 600 i think but should be rated at 750 and peeps run 1200 to them all the time.. but to break with the pack i agree that skar evl is a nice sub for that $

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.