One AB hd12 or 2 sundown sa12 or one re XX12???

Really I’ll have to check them out I haven’t came across those at all on the web while researching
They're not very well known but they are the same company that makes deaf Bonce subs. If you want to friend me on Facebook or something of the sort I can hook you up with pictures and videos of mine in action. I promise you will in no way be disappointed.

I have mine on an APCL1500.1 at 1 ohm and its taking it well.

Really I’ll have to check them out I haven’t came across those at all on the web while researching
yeah alot of peeps like the alphards just keep in mind if u want loud u need ported box and 2 12's take some space.. we have guy here with 1 fu 750 15 with 1k rms hits 140db, just something to think about (u could do about 4-4.5cf for 2 12's or 3.5-4cf for 1-15 and give it all the power) i'm sure if u do 3.5cf ad in nice ported box not tuned to low (i like 35-36hz) with that amp 2 sa will be good or 1 good 15.. i think some of the other 2 12's would need more than that amp to reach their full potential like shredder said more like 2k..

And I’m wanting to do a down firing ported box I have a jeep and I think pointing down would do best in there when I have my top and doors off

They have more Xmax and a larger voice coil than the SA series

Larger coil means nothing. That’s alphard has a CCA wire coil? the SA 12 has a high temp 2.5” coil that is lighter then most 3” coil and handles heat better then most 3” coil in its price range.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I’m just gonna get the sa’s should sound pretty good with a 2k amp and They will be 4 ohm so if the 2k amp ends up being too much I’ll just wire it to 2 ohm instead of one

I think I’m just gonna get the sa’s should sound pretty good with a 2k amp and They will be 4 ohm so if the 2k amp ends up being too much I’ll just wire it to 2 ohm instead of one
D4 ohm woofers wire down to 1ohm... or u can wire to 4ohm... can’t wire to 2ohm... but a 2k amp on two SA 12s will not be to much power.

Idk... id put a pair of SA's up against a pair of Hannibals... those SA's are amazing for a 12" mid-lower level sub... and Sundown coils?... nuff' said!

According to Sundowns website the SA has 19mm xmax, and according to you the alphard has 22.5
When designing the SA series we started out with an FEA optimized motor & coil design capable of 19mm of one-way Klippel verified excursion and just over 33mm of x-mech.. 19mm of excursion verified kipple 70% over the Bl curve.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Rroark90

Rroark90
Wichita,KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date