Older pioneer speakers need repair

Participant count
  • Participant list

rmnkys

Hi all,

I currently have 2 of these subs. https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Champion+Series+PRO/TS-W2000SPL
First, I need to get one repaired. The tinsel lead has come off and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of somewhere in Arizona that I can take it to get fixed?
After repair, what is the best way to wire these to get the most out of them. (Please send a picture)
Lastly, what apmplifier would you recommend to push these things (depending on how they are wired)

Hi all,

I currently have 2 of these subs. https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Champion+Series+PRO/TS-W2000SPL
First, I need to get one repaired. The tinsel lead has come off and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of somewhere in Arizona that I can take it to get fixed?
After repair, what is the best way to wire these to get the most out of them. (Please send a picture)
Lastly, what apmplifier would you recommend to push these things (depending on how they are wired)

No idea about repair shops in Arizona, but how you wire them completely depends on your amp. You'll probably want to get the best bang for your buck by wiring all 4 coils in parallel
2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

This means you'll need a 1 ohm stable amp capable of delivering at least 1500W @ 1 ohm. Likely a mono class D for efficiency. Which one depends almost entirely on your budget. Cheaper ones I'd recommend getting a Taramp with a variable high pass/low pass filter. Less cheap there's a lot of options that are all decent.

Your options for impedance loads with those 2 subwoofers are 1, 4, or 8. 1 in all parallel, 4 in 2 series 2 parallel, 8 in all series.

Finding an amp that can push 1500W at 8 ohms isn't going to happen, and even 4 will be quite expensive, so I'd stick with amps targeting the 1 ohm value.

Where is the tinsel lead broken? If it is by the terminal or in the middle of the tinsel, anybody that has a soldering iron can fix it ( may have to add a short piece of wire to add length).
If the tinsel has pulled out of the cone side it is probably not fixable without doing a recone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.