FOR SALE OLD SCHOOL Orion HCCA 150 R (cheater) Amplifier - Open to offers

Jramos57

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 29, 2020
Hermiston
I ain't dreaming, you just dont know much about this stuff, and I think we're just in different classes.
Oh no your not dreaming I didnt say that. I didnt disagree with the G4 part. I didnt agree with the 250r but that's because I was in and out of the Orion dealer shop on just about every lunch period when I was in school, "late 90s". I remember seeing the 150r along with the two channel 225r, 250r and 275r. Before these I remember the competition/ x-over hcca amps and the owner of the shop said the 150r was a newer version of the hcca 425. Is that true? Who knows but the 150r wasn't as desirable for me because at the time I didn't care about mid range sound quality because I was young and dumb. But when I was ready to buy one he recommended the competition amplifier/ x-over above all the rest for 2 channel operation. Of course this amp was a few years old but he still had some because not everyone could afford to drop that kinda cash on an amplifier. So after reading your message about the amps on where they were made I took my 250G4 and 250R amps apart to see what's inside. Both say made in the USA on the outside but as you said the G4 is made in Korea but the 250r is made in the USA. You were right about the G4 I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I just wanted to see for myself. I'm a Gov cloud engineer so by nature I like to do research versus making assumptions and you obviously know your stuff. I'm sure much more than me based on what you posted prior on this thread about your previous experience. And honestly if this Corona virus wasnt taking over I would probably offer you what you want because I know these amps are gems. Not G4 or newer apparantly lol. Also knowing that you know a great deal could you tell me what you opinion is on the competition amplifier/x-over amps?

OP
12vAudioNut

12vAudioNut

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 6, 2019
Alberta Canada
Oh no your not dreaming I didnt say that. I didnt disagree with the G4 part. I didnt agree with the 250r but that's because I was in and out of the Orion dealer shop on just about every lunch period when I was in school, "late 90s". I remember seeing the 150r along with the two channel 225r, 250r and 275r. Before these I remember the competition/ x-over hcca amps and the owner of the shop said the 150r was a newer version of the hcca 425. Is that true? Who knows but the 150r wasn't as desirable for me because at the time I didn't care about mid range sound quality because I was young and dumb. But when I was ready to buy one he recommended the competition amplifier/ x-over above all the rest for 2 channel operation. Of course this amp was a few years old but he still had some because not everyone could afford to drop that kinda cash on an amplifier. So after reading your message about the amps on where they were made I took my 250G4 and 250R amps apart to see what's inside. Both say made in the USA on the outside but as you said the G4 is made in Korea but the 250r is made in the USA. You were right about the G4 I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I just wanted to see for myself. I'm a Gov cloud engineer so by nature I like to do research versus making assumptions and you obviously know your stuff. I'm sure much more than me based on what you posted prior on this thread about your previous experience. And honestly if this Corona virus wasnt taking over I would probably offer you what you want because I know these amps are gems. Not G4 or newer apparantly lol. Also knowing that you know a great deal could you tell me what you opinion is on the competition amplifier/x-over amps?
Hey no I knew it wasn't you who told me I was dreaming, I was worried youd read that Nd think it was directed at you. It was directed at MattinMO who said I was dreaming. I just double checked and yeah you're right the 150r and 250r were released at the same time. I was positive it was a late 90s era amp. I never liked the amp /cover series, they were very controversial at the time opening up the heatsync to stick a screwdriver or some other object to flip dip switches or swap modules etc seemed half thought out to me. Power and build quality were excellent as they were made during Orion's reign. I believe they became the XTR line in 1987? 88? and the xover controls became externally accessible.

Last edited:
OP
12vAudioNut

12vAudioNut

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 6, 2019
Alberta Canada
Why do you have to be a c u n t? I just looked at a bunch of your posts, you're kinda a huge cock to everyone on here.
You have a sad home life or something that you have to come on here and act like an angry mean child?
Grow up and SHUT UP troll! That should be your title on here: "Senior Super Cunty Troll"

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
Why do you have to be a c u n t? I just looked at a bunch of your posts, you're kinda a huge cock to everyone on here.
You have a sad home life or something that you have to come on here and act like an angry mean child?
Grow up and SHUT UP troll! That should be your title on here: "Senior Super Cunty Troll"
$2k for that is never going to happen not here not eBay not nowhere you would be damn lucky to get $800. I’ve bought and sold more old school amps to know it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay and $2k for a 150r is absurd and unrealistic so again I say keep dreaming

OP
12vAudioNut

12vAudioNut

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 6, 2019
Alberta Canada
So again you're being a C U N T. And you clearly know NOTHING AT ALL about this stuff. Why are on here anyway?
Oh right.... you get to be a C U N T to people daily. You know you can do this sort of troll shit on any forum why did you pick this one? You probably know as much about wasting your life in your moms basement as you do car audio, why dont you go on one of those "tips for living moms basement"websites and f u c k with people's sales on there?

You're a huge fu cking TROLL, look at all the nasty shity comments you make to people all over this board.
You need to sober up, shave, shower, apologize to your family, and go take an air brake course so you can drive buss and make yourself feel better about your life. Then you dont have to be a huge phoney and a troll on line.. if this site has moderators I'd hope you would be removed for being a negative force in the community and for fuc king with peoples sales.

$2k for that is never going to happen not here not eBay not nowhere you would be damn lucky to get $800. I’ve bought and sold more old school amps to know it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay and $2k for a 150r is absurd and unrealistic so again I say keep dreaming

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
So again you're being a C U N T. And you clearly know NOTHING AT ALL about this stuff. Why are on here anyway?
Oh right.... you get to be a C U N T to people daily. You know you can do this sort of troll shit on any forum why did you pick this one? You probably know as much about wasting your life in your moms basement as you do car audio, why dont you go on one of those "tips for living moms basement"websites and f u c k with people's sales on there?

You're a huge fu cking TROLL, look at all the nasty shity comments you make to people all over this board.
You need to sober up, shave, shower, apologize to your family, and go take an air brake course so you can drive buss and make yourself feel better about your life. Then you dont have to be a huge phoney and a troll on line.. if this site has moderators I'd hope you would be removed for being a negative force in the community and for fuc king with peoples sales.
I’m sensing a whole lot of butthurt maybe you should just pawn that amp for some money to buy some anal Suppositories that is if they don’t fall right out from all the dick that been up there 👌🏻

OP
12vAudioNut

12vAudioNut

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 6, 2019
Alberta Canada
...******* Canadians all brain dead cousin fuckers
Sounds about right from someone like you. Well we all have the full measure of your character and intellect now... You know that you are a piece of crap and you don't mind showing everyone.
You exemplify whats wrong with the human race.
Goof.

Jramos57

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 29, 2020
Hermiston
Sounds about right from someone like you. Well we all have the full measure of your character and intellect now... You know that you are a piece of crap and you don't mind showing everyone.
You exemplify whats wrong with the human race.
Goof.
I started reading the replies and dang it got bad here. Hope I didnt spark that and hope you guys aren't still arguing but I personally think if you have something, regardless of what if its rare and wanted then it has a value and whatever you decide to put on it. I'm not trying to troll. You can put whatever price on it really. That kinda cash can be alot but if I had it to spare I would be very tempted. Maybe I'm dumb maybe not but I have always been a fan of these Amps and they are not easy to find. Nostalgia for me anyway.

Jramos57

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 29, 2020
Hermiston
Hey no I knew it wasn't you who told me I was dreaming, I was worried youd read that Nd think it was directed at you. It was directed at MattinMO who said I was dreaming. I just double checked and yeah you're right the 150r and 250r were released at the same time. I was positive it was a late 90s era amp. I never liked the amp /cover series, they were very controversial at the time opening up the heatsync to stick a screwdriver or some other object to flip dip switches or swap modules etc seemed half thought out to me. Power and build quality were excellent as they were made during Orion's reign. I believe they became the XTR line in 1987? 88? and the xover controls became externally accessible.
Oh and yes that makes sense about how the Rs have the crossover externally accessible therefore making them the most sought after over the competition/x-over otherwise both made in usa. I read this in a few other posts and articles. I like to read so it helps time pass. So its basically the same amp. I was thinking the other way around but I have a 250r so I'm happy lol

shredder2

Enthusiast
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Nov 19, 2017
Az
2k for that amp would e quite a stretch Imo... even on a old school Orion type classifieds page. Maybe for a pristine Concept 97 and that's finding the right needy Orion old-school collector with deep pockets... Jmo.
Why not join a FB old school car audio page and ask around?

Jramos57

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 29, 2020
Hermiston
2k for that amp would e quite a stretch Imo... even on a old school Orion type classifieds page. Maybe for a pristine Concept 97 and that's finding the right needy Orion old-school collector with deep pockets... Jmo.
Why not join a FB old school car audio page and ask around?
I didnt know fb had an old school car audio page, thanks for the info. Gotta admit tho the 150r is not common by no means.

shredder2

Enthusiast
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I didnt know fb had an old school car audio page, thanks for the info. Gotta admit tho the 150r is not common by no means.
Low power HC stuff is best discussed on an Old School page... Fb has those and buyers. I'd be thinking $800 for that amp to a collector /w/ deep pockets... nostalgia only goes so far Imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds