Old school (2003) kicker cvr 12

Here is the top of the line LOC with accubass for 99.99

or if you want to go cheaper and still work for 29 from Kicker as well

No you need a LOC if you want to stay stock. I posted up the links to them above. You can go with the NVX or if you want to go with the best one then the Audiocontrol is the best one that costs 99.99 in the link above. Icr if Amazon has them or not for that price. Either one will do so it is either 25 or 99 dollars.

The second fuse holder will go a 10-12 inches before the amplifier as a added insurance.

Oh, okay thanks. Will I notice a difference between the 99 and 25 one?

Last edited:
It will not make it more efficient. The loc is strictly just tapping into the signal. The $99 one will be able to “fix” some of the roll off and the others will not.

Yep exactly as Cliff said above. Too bad on the head unit because someone at DIYMA offered up a Eclipse head unit for free as long as I covered shipping, said it is 20 years old but is in working order.

Either way with the LOC you will accomplish what you want. Just know if you really want to get stuff sounding good then a aftermarket head unit combined with new speakers in the car and a 4 channel amplifier will make it match up nicely down the road in it.

Also the NVX won't work after looking into it some more so stay with the Kicker or the Audiocontrol. Personally if you can afford it the Audiocontrol is known as one of the best out there until you get into the amplifier/dsp combos that cost 600-1000 bucks,lol.

Yep exactly as Cliff said above. Too bad on the head unit because someone at DIYMA offered up a Eclipse head unit for free as long as I covered shipping, said it is 20 years old but is in working order.

Either way with the LOC you will accomplish what you want. Just know if you really want to get stuff sounding good then a aftermarket head unit combined with new speakers in the car and a 4 channel amplifier will make it match up nicely down the road in it.

Also the NVX won't work after looking into it some more so stay with the Kicker or the Audiocontrol. Personally if you can afford it the Audiocontrol is known as one of the best out there until you get into the amplifier/dsp combos that cost 600-1000 bucks,lol.

What about the lci1 and lci2, would I notice a difference between those?

It will not make it more efficient. The loc is strictly just tapping into the signal. The $99 one will be able to “fix” some of the roll off and the others will not.
So total cost with the kicker loc would cost me $385, which is in my 400 budget. With the audiocontrol costs me $459. So will it really be worth the extra money to a kid?

Last edited:
The LC2 is a better LOC then the 1. Honestly I haven't used a LOC in so long that it isn't even funny. I do know that LC2 is among the best out there compared to the ones that have the amplifier/dsp built in.

Both should work so idk up to you I guess unless someone else here has used the Kicker and says otherwise.

I know pop has some info on LOC's in general and might want to ask him as well.

The LC2 is a better LOC then the 1. Honestly I haven't used a LOC in so long that it isn't even funny. I do know that LC2 is among the best out there compared to the ones that have the amplifier/dsp built in.

Both should work so idk up to you I guess unless someone else here has used the Kicker and says otherwise.

I know pop has some info on LOC's in general and might want to ask him as well.

Ok thanks

To be honest, the cheaper one will be fine. If you can spend the extra, get the audio control but if you want to stay in your budget then just get the kicker

To be honest, the cheaper one will be fine. If you can spend the extra, get the audio control but if you want to stay in your budget then just get the kicker

Ill get the kicker. Thank you everyone.

Is there anything else that I'm missing?

Worst thing that can happen during/after install is radio needs a code and my car is used, so if honda doesn't give me the code I'll have to install aftermarket

Well if you do then let me know asap as I have someone willing to donate a Eclipse head unit for free as long as we cover shipping. Eclipse head units are nice all around.

Well if you do then let me know asap as I have someone willing to donate a Eclipse head unit for free as long as we cover shipping. Eclipse head units are nice all around.

If I can't get the code for my radio when it locks because I'm unplugging the battery, I'll get it.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the code from the honda website.

Thank you though. I'll keep that in mind.

How do i wire the kicker loc? It has 5 wires.

Also the sa sfb 1000 on audio apex/ car audio bargain has no tax?

Also the response towards the eclipse radio: I found out I didn't have the money at home but I'm able to earn enough $ to pay for everything today or tomorrow.

So once everything is ordered and I disconnect the battery, I'll try to get the code for the locked radio, and if it doesn't work, I'll get the eclipse HU if that kind soul is allowing me 2 weeks to see if honda will send me the code. Please and thank you.

I can’t tell what size it is but just get that same size in an AGM. Oreillys, auto zone, advance auto all have their house brand agm and usually have discounts to buy online and pick up in store.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...