Participant count
  • Participants list

E39.Saucyassbo.510

BMW e39 5 series with dummy slaap! Yafeelme cutty
Lol nvm the thread title it's really not that serious I just dont really remember the math to figure out my question that I'm about to ask yall. So my 15 inch Audiopipe Txx-bdc4-15d2 subwoofer is being put into a sealed box that I'm currently building that will have an internal air space of 3.45 cubic ft. And powered by a monoblock amplifier that I will buy after you guys help me figure this out. So 15 inch txx-bdc4-15d2 sub with 2 ohm dvc and 1400watts rms @2 ohms. How much power do I lose if I wire it with a 4ohm load? Will my subs rms power of the sub be 700watts wired @4ohms or will it be 1050watts @ 4 ohms? And how much more rms power would I get if wired to 1 ohm. ????watts @1ohm. I am only running one sub so I think these are the only 2 wiring options I have for just one 2ohm dvc subwoofer right? The sub was kinda expensive and I'm not one to usually work with wood so building this box is a pain in the ass lol so I want to buy the right amplifier the first time so I can install everything 100% right, and be able to slap my music without any worries for a very long time lol.

Lol nvm the thread title it's really not that serious I just dont really remember the math to figure out my question that I'm about to ask yall. So my 15 inch Audiopipe Txx-bdc4-15d2 subwoofer is being put into a sealed box that I'm currently building that will have an internal air space of 3.45 cubic ft. And powered by a monoblock amplifier that I will buy after you guys help me figure this out. So 15 inch txx-bdc4-15d2 sub with 2 ohm dvc and 1400watts rms @2 ohms. How much power do I lose if I wire it with a 4ohm load? Will my subs rms power of the sub be 700watts wired @4ohms or will it be 1050watts @ 4 ohms? And how much more rms power would I get if wired to 1 ohm. ????watts @1ohm. I am only running one sub so I think these are the only 2 wiring options I have for just one 2ohm dvc subwoofer right? The sub was kinda expensive and I'm not one to usually work with wood so building this box is a pain in the *** lol so I want to buy the right amplifier the first time so I can install everything 100% right, and be able to slap my music without any worries for a very long time lol.
a 2ohm dvc sub will not wire to 2ohm; your options are 1 or 4 ohms. Go with 1ohm and find a 1ohm stable amplifier at 1.5k watts. I suggest a SFB-1500

But if I wire it to a 1 ohm load wont the rms watts jump up to 2800watts? If you change the ohms of a subwoofer with the wiring load doesn't your subs power go up or down with the ohms? Like for example, 700 watts @4 ohms 1400 watts @ 2ohms and 2800 watts @1ohm? The subs max rating is 2800 watts so I dont really want to push it unless you think it can take the abuse for many years to come lol.
a 2ohm dvc sub will not wire to 2ohm; your options are 1 or 4 ohms. Go with 1ohm and find a 1ohm stable amplifier at 1.5k watts. I suggest a SFB-1500

But if I wire it to a 1 ohm load wont the rms watts jump up to 2800watts? If you change the ohms of a subwoofer with the wiring load doesn't your subs power go up or down with the ohms? Like for example, 700 watts @4 ohms 1400 watts @ 2ohms and 2800 watts @1ohm? The subs max rating is 2800 watts so I dont really want to push it unless you think it can take the abuse for many years to come lol.
a 1.5k@ 1ohm amplifier at 1ohm will output 1.5k watts. the subwoofer is only an ohm load, it does not amplify the wattage. with the sub wired at 1ohm the 1.5k amp will give it 1.5k, with the sub wired to 4ohm the sub restricts the flow of amps causing the watts to drop to ~400watts.

your sub is not 1.4k at 2ohm. your sub can handle 1.4k watts, and has two 2ohm voice coils which can be wired to 1ohm or 4 ohm. the sub will handle 1.4k on either ohm load, the question is which amplifier would you rather buy? a $300 amplifier that can output 1.5k @ 1ohm or a $800 amplifier that outputs 1.5k @ 4ohm.

If you change the ohms of a subwoofer with the wiring load doesn't your subs power go up or down with the ohms?
The sub's power rating does not change with wiring options. What changes is the amplifier rating. The higher the resistance an amp sees, the less power it can put out. Only option that lowers a sub's power rating is if you go free air, and that is because of mechanical limits, not thermal limits.

The sub's power rating does not change with wiring options. What changes is the amplifier rating. The higher the resistance an amp sees, the less power it can put out. Only option that lowers a sub's power rating is if you go free air, and that is because of mechanical limits, not thermal limits.
On second thought, it does change if you use only one voice coil. It will be half of the sub's rating.

Get yourself a Taramps Smart3 or a Sundown SIA3500 and get the most out of that sub. Run it at 1 ohm and you will have some headroom and the amp won't have to run so hard. It looks like that sub can easily handle 2K all day long.

a 1.5k@ 1ohm amplifier at 1ohm will output 1.5k watts. the subwoofer is only an ohm load, it does not amplify the wattage. with the sub wired at 1ohm the 1.5k amp will give it 1.5k, with the sub wired to 4ohm the sub restricts the flow of amps causing the watts to drop to ~400watts.
Ok so a subs power doesn't change no matter how its wired? So it will have 1400 watts rms if its wired to a 1 ohm load, 1400 watts at a 2 ohm load and 1400 @ 4 ohms?

Ok so a subs power doesn't change no matter how its wired? So it will have 1400 watts rms if its wired to a 1 ohm load, 1400 watts at a 2 ohm load and 1400 @ 4 ohms?
no, the way you wire a sub dictates the resistance it puts on the amplifier. 1ohm restricts less than 4ohm which is quite restrictive. the subwoofer can take 1.4k watts at any ohm load, an amplifier cannot output 1.4k at 1ohm AND 1.4k at 4ohm, the subwoofer restricts the flow of current a lot at 4ohm, causing the watts to drop to around 300

no, the way you wire a sub dictates the resistance it puts on the amplifier. 1ohm restricts less than 4ohm which is quite restrictive. the subwoofer can take 1.4k watts at any ohm load, an amplifier cannot output 1.4k at 1ohm AND 1.4k at 4ohm, the subwoofer restricts the flow of current a lot at 4ohm, causing the watts the amplifier outputs to drop to around 300

Rule of thumb is get an amp rated at 1-½ - 2 times the rms of your sub(s). Make sure that your electrical is good and adjust the gain on your amp properly. Lean more towards 2X the rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...