Ohm question

Ne1
10+ year member

MacDaddy lookin for the $
Tampa, Fl
Ok, I'm planning on running 3 subs off of a older RF DSM 100 and I was thinking that to stay at 2 ohms mono I would need to go 8ohm/8ohm/4ohm. (8 and 8 are four, bridged mono, and then 4 and 4 then equal 2 right?) Would this make for any noticable disparity in sound or loudness? Or would it hopefully all run at 2 ohms and play nice with each other? All subs will be of the same brand/model except for the impedance...

yes, that is the correct ohm configuration. and no you wont get any disparity from any of the woofers. it doesent change their ohm load, they are set at a certain resistance and will always stay that way. when you wire them though, it changes what your amp is seeing.

Minus the fact that the 4 ohm sub will be getting twice the power that the 8 ohm subs recieve...

Just get 3 4 ohm subs and run them in parallel. This will give 1.33 ohms and with impedance rise will net you around 2 ohms.

because i can?
fail.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.