Ohm Load, 2 ohm or 4 ohm - jl audio m series subwoofer amp - for hot weather use in a boat

Participant count
  • Participant list

qwiketz
10+ year member

Hi all,

I have a jl m series 600 watt at 4 ohm amp. I have it running at 4 ohm currently driving one sub. The boat is used at the river where it's commonly 120 degrees. I have it in the cabin which is shaded, but still hot. Are you guys typically running amps with headroom as far as ohms, or are you loading them down on occasion to their lowest ohm load when using them in a hot environment like this? Temps are always above 100 degrees and usually above 110.

I’m in Arizona, and in the summer I don’t have problems. I do the lowest ohms the amp is capable of, but I always like to have lots of headroom on watts. If I need 500 rms, ill get a 750 watt amp to keep the gain lower.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hell... Run It.. You will be ok @ that Ohm load(2.67). Just dont go below 2ohms and you will be fine. 2ohms is the lowest stability of that...
Hello I'm happy to have came across this forum as I'm hoping someone will help with this little bit of confusion I'm having and maybe save me some...
I have a separate chamber ported box. I’m looking to achieve a final impedance of 1 ohm at the amp. What’s the best way of doing this? I have both...
Not all chargers are the same and charge and different rates. Any battery will deplete in that type of weather if you do not crank the vehicle for...
Brand new 210 shipped TECHNICAL INFORMATION OPERATION CLASSClass D NUMBER OF CHANNELS01 MAXIMUM POWER@ 12.6 VDC - 1 OHM: 3000W RMS @ 12.6 VDC -...

About this thread

qwiketz

10+ year member
qwiketz
Orange County
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from