NSv3 or Team 15" for daily use on 6K

dttimma

US
This is related to my build thread, I've got an scv-6000d in route. But my current Zv4 15" won't survive at .5ohm.. and no one in their right mind would run this amp at 2ohm. So my choices are either a nightshade v3 15" at 1ohm. Or a sundown TEAM 15" at .7ohm. Obviously I'd like to save money and go with the nightshade, but I don't know if it'll survive daily abuse for 2-3 years.. will I wear out that nightshade? Or is the TEAM the right answer for longevity, and mad bass of course..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nsv3 has more spider being a 3" coil... From my experience the team 15 can't play as low as loud... Zv4 and nsv3 we play down to 18hz full tilt... We did it acouple times with the teams and some nasty noises come outta them... I'd go nsv3 all day. Unless u can fit a team 18" because then u get the 12" spider and the woofer can handle to excursion.

Were you messaging me about my Shocker neo on eBay?

How much space do you have for sub(s)?

As I said before 6KW is a lot of power for a single sub. I don't think anybody will warranty that. Two or even three subs will have a far better chance of surviving if you plan to actually play music for prolonged period of time.

If you insist on running a 6KW amp into a single sub you really must be into one of the "team" type subs for even half a chance of it surviving very long on that power.

We clamp over 3k daily to nsv3 and they take it like a champ. Just set your gains clean and sundown will take it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

We clamp over 3k daily to nsv3 and they take it like a champ. Just set your gains clean and sundown will take it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So are you going to repair/replace his sub when he blows it up?

[quote name='Loudz']Nsv3 has more spider being a 3" coil... From my experience the team 15 can't play as low as loud... Zv4 and nsv3 we play down to 18hz full tilt... We did it acouple times with the teams and some nasty noises come outta them... I'd go nsv3 all day. Unless u can fit a team 18" because then u get the 12" spider and the woofer can handle to excursion.[/QUOTE]
I had no idea about the Teams spider limitations in 15" configuration.. I'd love to fit a pair of 15s in the trunk but the altima doesn't have the biggest trunk and I want to be able to get to my spare tire without too much trouble. Looks like the Nightshade 15 is the right choice, I'll run one at 1ohm, and if I can build the trunk into a box with enough displacement I'll add another and run that scv at .5ohm. Thanks @Loudz

[quote name='hispls']Were you messaging me about my Shocker neo on eBay?

How much space do you have for sub(s)?

As I said before 6KW is a lot of power for a single sub. I don't think anybody will warranty that. Two or even three subs will have a far better chance of surviving if you plan to actually play music for prolonged period of time.

If you insist on running a 6KW amp into a single sub you really must be into one of the "team" type subs for even half a chance of it surviving very long on that power.[/QUOTE] @hispls that was not me, found a nightshade for 850 new in D2 so I'll start with one at 1ohm then move to a pair at .5 once i can make them a home.. I guess we'll see if it lives.. thanks for the advice

[quote name='dttimma']I had no idea about the Teams spider limitations in 15" configuration.. I'd love to fit a pair of 15s in the trunk but the altima doesn't have the biggest trunk and I want to be able to get to my spare tire without too much trouble. Looks like the Nightshade 15 is the right choice, I'll run one at 1ohm, and if I can build the trunk into a box with enough displacement I'll add another and run that scv at .5ohm. Thanks @Loudz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yea nsv3 15 and team 15 have same size spider but the team uses a 4" coil compared to the nsv3 3" coil so you loose 1" of spider... The team 18s though use 12" spiders and get that full excursion

Come on man stop being a retard. No I wouldn't buy him a recone... OP need to know is equipments limits and tune accordingly and no problems.
Exactly, if I **** up and tear it up I'll get an spl audio recone, and/or add another.. running at 1ohm, in a smaller box with low port volume will give me plenty of rise. That woofers never going to see 6k. 4-5 at most, which it should handle fine

Just get another Zv4.
If I had the room for another 15 I would in a heartbeat..

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Went with the nightshade 15, when I get back stateside hopefully I'll have plenty of pictures

just back off when it gets too hot its really not that hard to determine what is too much with subwoofers. if you clamp any more than 4-5kw id go with a 4 inch coil sub regardless of who makes the 3 or 3.5 inch coil sub

you may slinky it, who knows what your rise will be like and how you act with the knob. id go with a 4 inch coil for longtime reliability though. team aa 15 or team fi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dttimma

dttimma
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls