NSFW One of my recently replaced rear speakers started making this sound does anyone know why? Is it trashed?

Participant count
  • Participant list
How would that even happen? And can it be fixed or am I gonna have to get new ones?
Pull the speaker out and inspect it. If it was brand new, was it broken in properly? It's not good to turn up new speakers real loud until they are broken in with a few hours of play time on them at normal/not loud volumes.

If the cone or surround is ripped... usually it has to be replaced.

Is that speaker in the existing rear deck? Are you running a sub in the trunk?Do you have that speaker on an amplifier?Are you using a stock HU with an LOC?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

JUST BRAINSTORMING HERE: Yeah, you might also want to compare the backs of both. (You just said "android radio", is this an amazon special...
Super easy and Cheap..Ill bet your father or Gramps can solder it pretty easily?? You Tube is your friend too. As well as H.freight /Lowes/or...
I am going to have to pull it out of the dash and have a look again to see if the wires are correct. I sent over this with a pro shop many times...
Before you remove the amp, swap the front RCAs with the rear ones on the amp and repeat the test. Many guys here use the Pioneer amps and love...

About this thread

ashtrey

CarAudio.com Newbie
ashtrey
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from