Not sure where to mount crossover's?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I bought some silver flutes with Tymphany tweets for my son's car and the silver flutes are just too big for his doors. I know these don't compare but I bought the NVX VSP65KIT for him. It'll be powered by a pioneer gm8704. I've never had components before. I'm not sure where to mount the crossovers? Thanks!

I screwed mine to the doors on my last build, but that was because they were very large crossovers. The ones I had previous to those were smaller, so I hid them behind the head unit in the dash. They can really go anywhere you can fit them, but keeping them closer to the speakers or the head unit will make it easier to run your speaker wire.

under front seats?
Thats where I like them.They get some air to stay cool and away from heat and moisture and a bit easier to get to if you decide to make some changes.They dont have to be screwed down. Extreme Velcro works great to keep them in place,Just what Ive always done, or Zip Tie them just under the dash.

I bet thoes nvx comps won't be too bad for the price anyway. I believe sb acoustics makes at least some of their speakers. What I've heard iirr. I've got one of their subs, it's built well. Going to be trying one of their mini amplifiers soon too. Did good on the dyno.Anyway let us know how they do.

Mine are behind the sides of the dash. One is a fuse panel and the other snaps off with plenty of room. See if yours is similar. Otherwise inside the door panel or behind the kick panels. Going active soon just been lazy to do another run of wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.