2RZ-FE
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Pioneer MVH-S622BS
JL RD 400/4
JBL 605SQ comps
JBL GTR-1000
Sundown SA12 Classic subwoofer

I have a buzzing noise in my tweeters. It goes away when I disconnect my sub amp rca's from the deck. If I keep them connected and do the pico fuse rca wrap with bare wire the buzzing is gone. My JL amp rca's connected to the deck only there is no noise. Weird that my sub amp rca's affects my tweeters. Thoughts? I'm thinking something is up with the sub amp.

Last edited:
Did you have the HU in operation when you connected or removed any RCAs? If so.. It may be possible that the PICO fuse popped. I say this as you state it goes away when the RCAs are wrapped. You can try another ground wire at a different location for that Sub amp if you have extra wire to test with before doing a stationary mount.

Try pulling your head unit out of its mount (all connected) and see if that helps. I've had RCA's cause whine because once it was all mounted, there was pressure on the plug. All the other wiring behind the head unit was pushing on the rca plug while it was plugged into the head unit. Had to reroute a few wires, but it went away after that.

If it was the pico fuse, the JL amp would also have noise but it does not. The head unit was on when I hot swapped the rca. Being that one amp does it and one doesn’t something probably wrong with the JBL amp. I tried the strut tower and the trunk floor pan for grounds for that sub amp and it still does it. After work I’m going to run another component set outside the doors and another sub amp to see if anything changes. Also tried two sets of RCA cables.

Last edited:
Took out the JBL and put in my Taramps MD 1200.1 and the noise is gone. Looking for a new amp. Seems like I have to crank the gain on this one to get any decent output. Is that normal for Taramps?

My smart3k isn't like that...my ts400x4 doesn't do much without the gain up higher than I'm comfortable with...

Last edited:
Maybe because I’m around 30 volume of 62 with the pioneer and sub speaker level at +7 of 10. Probably only getting 1v or less I think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...