No stereo power-only the clock illumination comes on.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ctp187

Issue:

I have the factory H/U and and aftermarket H/U. The factory h/u worked last time I tried. My buddy gave me the aftermarket h/u, I've never seen it in operation. Problem is, on factory h/u, the clock will display for about 10 seconds if i press the 'recall' , 'hr' , or 'min' buttons. The lights for the buttons work on the factory h/u. BUT, on the factory h/u, if i press POWER, the stereo does not turn on, there is no response if i press any other buttons.

on the aftermarket h/u , there are no lights whatsoever. NOTHING. BUT, if i feed a cd, it will pull it in, and cd eject button works also. The eject button is battery operated so there is some type of power being fed.

Vehicle:

1999 Yukon Denali

System:

Factory Bose Amp and factory BOSE speakers.

Aftermarket AMP and aftermarket Kenwood KDC-119 h/u.

Scosche wire harness and speaker level converter(to make h/u work with BOSE).

My question:

why wont the music play?

factory h/u has clock illumination and button illumination.

w/o rearranging any wires, and just attaching the harness, the aftermarket h/u has CD eject and load functionality ONLY....

AND I WANT THE AFTERMARKET H/U TO BE ATTACHED.

Let me know if you need additional details...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.