no sound to speakers? Problem?

noleafclover803
10+ year member

I'm going to be helping a friend hook up a couple of 12s in his Dodge Neon this weekend, but first we have a little problem. There is no sound to ANY of the speakers, all of which are wired to an after market JVC head unit...we bought a new head unit, but it did the same thing, so we returned it, since its obviously not the problem. It gets power fine, acts like its working, will play a CD, tune to stations etc, but just no sound comes out. He said this just started happening a couple weeks ago, and all speakers stopped getting sound at the same time.

What would cause this? All speakers can't be dead, and how could all the wiring go at once? I'm kind of stumped and I need to help him fix this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.