No resistance from Hertz Sub in custom enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I've been having some issues with my audio system in my car. I have the following equipment:

-Pioneer DEH-80PRS

-Kicker KX650.4

-CDT ES62i Speakers

-Hertz ES250 Subwoofer

The issue i want to fix, is that my subwoofer which is in it's custom enclosure is not working. I've tested the sub wire's continuity (which is brand new & was passed about 3 years ago). I've made sure to test the subwoofer in different channels on the amp & no sound at all. My speakers work in any of the channels but no sound for the sub.

I took the sub out of my car tested it according to troubleshooting guides & there is no resistance on the cable end. Anything else I should test? Get the silicone seal off the woofer & test directly at the sub connection itself?

So I've been having some issues with my audio system in my car. I have the following equipment:pioneer DEH-80PRS

-Kicker KX650.4

-CDT ES62i Speakers

-Hertz ES250 Subwoofer

The issue i want to fix, is that my subwoofer which is in it's custom enclosure is not working. I've tested the sub wire's continuity (which is brand new & was passed about 3 years ago). I've made sure to test the subwoofer in different channels on the amp & no sound at all. My speakers work in any of the channels but no sound for the sub.

I took the sub out of my car tested it according to troubleshooting guides & there is no resistance on the cable end. Anything else I should test? Get the silicone seal off the woofer & test directly at the sub connection itself?
Pull the sub. Test the terminals directly. If there is no resistance. It's a direct short and the sub is dead.
Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Ok I'll take the sub out & test the terminals directly.

Any reason why it would die suddenly?

Can this sub be repaired?

If the sub is damaged, I'll get an estimate to repair but could you guys recommend a replacement subs around 100-150$? I think the sub needs to be somewhat of a shallow mount.

Here is my sub & enclosure.

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/nsx/ipp/stereo-system-accessories/scienceofspeed-subwoofer-enclosure-for-nsx.html

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-audio-subwoofers-energy-es250_5/

Here's my AMP's specs. I'm curious, if I'm using 2 out of 4 channels for CDT speakers how much power have they been receiving? Now for my sub. When I use the last 2 channels & bridge them together. How much power has my sub been receiving?

RMS Power in Watts, All Channels Driven

@ 14.4V,

4Ω Stereo,

@ 2Ω Stereo,

@ 4Ω Mono,

@ 12.5V,

4Ω Stereo, 0.085% THD+N 4 x 35 4 x 70 4 x 90

@ 2Ω Stereo, 0.5% THD+N 4 x 70 4 x 135 4 x 180

@ 4Ω Mono, 0.5% THD+N 2 x 130 2 x 250 2 x 325

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.