No bass with new Taramps MD.1800

Sounds to me that shop has no ******* clue what they are talking about... Very curious as to what "12 volts out the speaker outputs" was measured from them. AC voltage? With a load? Did they even set gains?

That amp will do over 1800 watts rms no problem. I've had 11 of these amps and they are great.

Sounds to me that shop has no ******* clue what they are talking about... Very curious as to what "12 volts out the speaker outputs" was measured from them. AC voltage? With a load? Did they even set gains?

That amp will do over 1800 watts rms no problem. I've had 11 of these amps and they are great.

I'm not sure either. All the guy said was that which is why there's no bass. My question is though since the amp is only supposed to support 8ga wire, will my 4ga work? I use wire ferrules for good connection and they fit fine but I don't know if it'll cause any problems. At the end of the day, I'm going to probably get a replacement and go from there. I'm confident in the amp but I can't seem to get something working right. I've always bought my amps second hand.

And yes, I'm noob at the car audio stuff.

It’s possible you got a DOA amp. Rare but I have seen it happen before.
Yes you can trim down the 4 gauge to fit or buy reducers to go from 4 gauge to 8 gauge.

These Taramps amps are full range amps. The crossovers need to be set correctly for them to work properly on subwoofers.

Just get the replacement and pop it in. Theres DOA cases amps in any brand you can think of even the high end brands. Quality control is not 💯 in anything car audio. Do you have any other amp you can toss in to test? Give it an actual shot before losing all faith at the first sign of trouble. Once you see the actual power you can come back to the shop and laugh in their face.
They dont really sound like they know what they are doing if they say theres a 12 volt signal going to the speakers. Your car would have burned down by now.

You should do the testing yourself. A multi meter is crucial for cars and home diagnosis and repair and its 15 bucks at home depot. Set it to ohms and measure impedance. Set it to AC volts to measure signal out of the speaker leads of the amp. Because if you dont know how to troubleshoot, lets say you bought a totally different amp and the same **** happens. Now you are **** outta luck and have no clue in the same situation but you wasted a lot of money

Last edited:
I appreciate your support, guys. I will be getting in contact with one of the Taramps US Team Members to troubleshoot over the phone with me tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.

Who dat? Trololol

Edit: POS site keeps flipping all my images......
Taramps.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think I'm going to keep the amp though. I didn't know it only allows 8 gauge wiring and mine is 4 gauge, plus the shop trash talked the **** out of them saying that the amp can't output 1800W at 2 ohms with 8 gauge wire. I'm hesitant now.
Go back to that shop again and show them this youtube vid...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C99S7lCaP0o

Then I wanna see the expressions on their faces when they're done watching it.

Go back to that shop again and show them this youtube vid...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C99S7lCaP0o

Then I wanna see the expressions on their faces when they're done watching it.
They dont even know what an amp dyno is. He said he showed them the video and they laughed at it. Definitely one of those JL, Rockford and alarms brick and mortar shops that have no fking clue about anything other than what they sold for decades.

Just wanted to give you all an update on this. I got the replacement amp and plugged it up, still no bass. I did additional troubleshooting again (swapped RCA's, remote turn on wire, speaker wire, different subs); still nothing. I then hooked up my Y-Split RCA to AUX cable from the amp to my phone alongside a subwoofer I had laying around and boom, it worked. Right there it told me the RCA outputs on my head unit was bad. I was on a budget with the holidays so I picked up a Pioneer M-S622BS head unit, hooked everything back up and voila, I was back to boomin'. I went with Pioneer because I burned through 2 Kenwood eXcelon head units, each one year apart.

Just wanted to give you all an update on this. I got the replacement amp and plugged it up, still no bass. I did additional troubleshooting again (swapped RCA's, remote turn on wire, speaker wire, different subs); still nothing. I then hooked up my Y-Split RCA to AUX cable from the amp to my phone alongside a subwoofer I had laying around and boom, it worked. Right there it told me the RCA outputs on my head unit was bad. I was on a budget with the holidays so I picked up a Pioneer M-S622BS head unit, hooked everything back up and voila, I was back to boomin'. I went with Pioneer because I burned through 2 Kenwood eXcelon head units, each one year apart.
Btw be sure to visit that audio shop to laugh in their face 😁
and tell them to test head unit rca preouts next time. Those fking clowns actually dared to charged you for a retarded ass diagnosis.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.