Newly acquired system not working.. :/

Participant count
  • Participant list

SaintlyDemonic

CarAudio.com Newbie
MA
Hello all! Lets start with what is in this jeep that i have just purchased.
Head Unit: alpine cde-172bt Link Here
Amplifier: Kicker CX 1800W Class D Mono Link Here
Subs: KICKER - CompR Dual 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 2-Ohm Subwoofers Link Here

Now, everything WAS working. Everything listed above is less than a 8 months old. The only thing to change between it working and now is it had sat for about a month and the battery has been disconnected. Moving on, this is what I have checked and how!

Head Unit > Ive checked the settings related to bass to make sure theyre on(at least I think I checked them all) Im more assumign bc this is almost a new unit...

RCA Cables > I hooked them up to a pc speaker and touched the other end with my finger and it gave output to the speaker.

Subs > I touched the speaker wire to a positive connection for a second to make sure the cone moved etc. they seem fine.

Amplifier> Now this is where stuff is funky, When everything is hooked up right and touch the RCA on the head unit side no feedback is given. The amp is ON and its Protection mode is OFF. I don't understand what has happened. Everything worked and now it doesn't. (It didnt stop working while on! I just started the jeep and boom no more subs) The inline fuse is ok and this amp doesn't have onboard fuses if im correct. i just dont know anymore... ANY suggestions or help would be awesome!

Starting with the amp. Make sure "input level" button is not pushed. "Gain" should not be all the way counterclockwise. "Remote bass" knob should be turned at least 1/3 it's potential. Test these and keep us posted.

Starting with the amp. Make sure "input level" button is not pushed. "Gain" should not be all the way counterclockwise. "Remote bass" knob should be turned at least 1/3 it's potential. Test these and keep us posted.
all is fine. nothing has changed. it isnt like i did a fresh install. everything was working as is. then the battery was disconnected and now no sound comes out. The amp settings wouldnt reset from lack of power. and the head unit was already checked for settings. I couldnt find a subwoofer output toggle so idk if there is one on the head unit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.