Newer Sa-12 work with older sa12's

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have 2 Sa-12 rev3's and wanted to get a third one to finish my build. I seen on the sundown yard sale they are selling the new V2 models. Those are the new 1000rms compared to my 750 rev3s. Can I match this new one with my older ones?
Ideally you wanna have identical drivers if you're planning on running multiple subs. Considering that the V2's have upgraded parts all around, it would most likely be a bad idea. It's likely you'll come across huge phase issues thus losing more bass because of cancellation.

I think the best course of action honestly is to sell your current setup and buy 3 new ones from the yard sale if it's within your budget. Unless you can find a used single SA-12 rev3 that's been well broken in so that you don't run across phase issues as well.

The rev3’s are still made they are just called the sa classic they have black motors that say sa classic and they are the exact same spec as the rev3’s absolutely not difference other then no longer having chrome top and bottom plates

Yea I bought 2 from woofers inc and they sold me a black magnet and a chrome magnet. I was just wondering because sundown yard sale has the new $300 for 180. I'm still planning on getting the rev3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jon91v8

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jon91v8
Los Angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from