New to the forum and need some help.

Participant count
  • Participants list

nugget31

CarAudio.com Newbie
texas
Hey guys so i decided to join this forum to try and get some advice on what im trying to do with a new setup

my current setup is

sundown audio SFB 1500 watts
2 DB drive 12inch 600rms each in a prefab ported box wired at 1ohm
Big 3 upgrade
JVC head unit

what i want to do is take out my 12's and put a custom sealed box with 6 10in subs, 200rms per sub
all will be wired to 1ohm
This will be going into a 2009 tahoe

do you think it would be a little more louder / clear or is it a waste of money?

Thanks!

a custom sealed box with 6 10in subs
Why a sealed box and why 6 10" subs? How much space are you willing to give up for a box and how much money are you looking to spend? Typically less is more and especially at the 1500W power level you have an awful lot of options for say a single 18" woofer that'll get you places.

I was going to suggest 2 15's but 1 18 works too
That 1500 watt amp actually dynoed at 2200 watts
Doing 6 10's sealed with 200 watts a piece suggest an SQ build
But you have a Tahoe, all that space.
You should be rattling the pictures off the wall when you drive by

Im looking to spend around $500 for subs and box... The box I will be making myself which is why I wanna do sealed since im not an expert and im not to sure on how to make a good ported box

My idea is That the 6 10s would be louder then my 12s and would have clean bass... But im not sure honestly I never thought about doing 1 18in

Im looking to spend around $500 for subs and box... The box I will be making myself which is why I wanna do sealed since im not an expert and im not to sure on how to make a good ported box

My idea is That the 6 10s would be louder then my 12s and would have clean bass... But im not sure honestly I never thought about doing 1 18in

You never mentioned how much space you want to sacrifice for this. Do you own some woodworking tools, glue, caulking, screws or will you have to buy absolutely everything to get a box built? Most manufacturers should have some box design plans posted in their websites, and most of the good high power subs these days are designed to function best in ported alignment.

Doing an Aero-Ported enclosure may be a suggestion to you as well to save some space and get some tuning involved to make those tens sing a little bit also. Six tens should get down pretty good . Ive ran four sealed tens back in the 90s in a single cab. Two down low behind the seat and two angled enclosures inverted just behind the head rest which gave me room in between for the sub amp to stay fairly cool. Old StillWater Kickers. Pretty impressive during that time and space I had for the sub stage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...