Participant count
  • Participant list

potential.car.furry

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
heyo! stumbled upon this forum when i was trying to look for solutions to the original problem i was having. i've settled for the fact that i might be better off looking to replace what my car came with. i'll post about both below.

earlier this year i bought a 2003 subaru outback with sony equipment already in it, specifically an xr-ca350x cassette/radio stereo with a cdx-1000rf cd player attached. both the radio and cassette player are working fine— i made the mistake of asking a friend who didn't know how tapes worked to be my autopilot on my first long drive, she sacrificed one of my mom's old bowie tapes to the car but it's whatever.

since then i've gotten a cassette-aux converter that gets the job done, but i was hoping to be able to use the cd player to listen to some that i'd kept around. so far, i haven't been able to get stereo to recognize the cd player as a possible source for audio, meaning that i can't even play with the volume to make sure it's working. it seems to be reading the cd just fine, but it won't register the cd part of the system aside from that. i've found both manuals and searched for resources on them as individual parts and as a set but nothing has worked, so here i am.

if nothing comes from trying to fix that, i wouldn't mind some recommendations on how i could upgrade in the coming year. nothing big, mainly hoping for something reliable that isn't too expensive and won't make me opt to drive around in silence instead.

thanks in advance✌

R
i haven't been able to get stereo to recognize the cd player as a possible source for audio
According to the manual, you must select a specific FM frequecy to lusten to a cd. Manual also states that if battery disconnect or any such power loss has happened, you must reset radio by poking a small button with a ball point pen.
Screenshot_20200705-231829.png

Keep us posted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.