New Pickup truck for stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gordie

Hey all,
I'll be selling my pickup truck Chevy Silverado soon, and next week I'm going to have my stereo removed because I want to take it with me. It's too costly to leave behind.
That would be my Pioneer DEH-80PRS, front Focals, rear Alpines, an amp, and a small subwoofer under the back seat. It will be replaced with some older stuff.
My very vague question is whether anyone knows of any particular pickup truck models that I might want to stay away from, either because my equipment wouldn't be practical, or not a good fit, or even if there are models that would be a better fit regarding my equipment or acoustic improvements?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dan

So you want to base your new $40k+ truck purchase on if your $1500 worth of stereo will fit? I'm sure the shop you bring it to will be able to install it in anything.

Thanks for your response. You're making me feel guilty of something? Is it wrong to want to keep my stereo that I like, or should I buy the equipment again because I'm making a big purchase? (hopefully not 40K+)

No I'm saying your shouldn't buy a truck you don't really like just because your audio equipment you already have will fit. Buy what you want and don't let your stereo equipment affect your purchase.

You can buy any base model truck and swap the headunit out if you really want to keep your 80prs. If you get into higher trim lines you will most likely want to keep the stock touch screen headunit though.

Are the speakers you have currently 6.5s? Cause they can fit pretty much anything.

No I'm saying your shouldn't buy a truck you don't really like just because your audio equipment you already have will fit. Buy what you want and don't let your stereo equipment affect your purchase.

You can buy any base model truck and swap the headunit out if you really want to keep your 80prs. If you get into higher trim lines you will most likely want to keep the stock touch screen headunit though.

Are the speakers you have currently 6.5s? Cause they can fit pretty much anything.
Ok, that makes sense. I'm not even sure it's worth the hassle to have everything removed and replaced. Was quoted about 400 bucks for labor...I'll just buy my truck and take it from there. I may even end up with something better in the long run.
Thanks!

Just take the sub and its amp out.
Leave the rest
By the time you buy replacement speakers and pay to have it all taken out you can buy new
With 90% of new cars and trucks your unable to replace your factory HU

Thanks for the response. Are you saying that I probably won't be able to change the factory head unit and will have to go with what it comes with? Also, the focals cost me $1200. I should leave them behind and just keep the amp and sub?
Thanks!

I didn't know you had those focals in there.
Yeah you might want to keep those.
But chances are your going to have to keep you stock HU in place on the next one.
Use a Digital Sound Processor to integrate.
Most new cars have everything from climate controls to firmware upgrades running through the HU now so upgrading has become a problem.

Heck I am selling my Pioneer DEH-80PRS used ones are going for 400+ now on eBay since they are no longer being made. Damn straight take all of it and use what you can on the new truck, most likely with a quality DSP. Sell what you can't use to help cover the costs.

At 400 bucks my DEH-80PRS is going up this weekend. People are paying a premium for those head units now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.