New member here. Anyone here using the Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX???

EmDee

CarAudio.com Newbie
New member here! I recently installed the DMH-W4660NEX myself. I have a couple of issues and am wondering if anyone else are having the same issues. For one, the car will not automatically connect to my iPhones HOTSPOT. I have to go to my iPhone settings and turn off then on the hotspot toggle tab every time I get into my car. It will finally connect after doing this about 80% of the time. Isn’t it supposed to connect automatically like the wireless apple car play does? Are you able to speak to Alexa without having to physically tap the Alexa icon on the head unit? I’m not. Also, has anyone used the Swrty 61n wiring harnesses to retain the stock steering wheel controls? Mine worked great for about 3 weeks. Now it doesn’t work and the up arrow is now the up volume. None of the other steering wheel controls work. Super annoying. Any insight or help is extremely appreciated.

Attachments

• 4C97CE5E-DBE9-4123-ABF5-99FF2C9BC8FD.jpeg
    4C97CE5E-DBE9-4123-ABF5-99FF2C9BC8FD.jpeg
    641.6 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_5058.MOV
    24.4 MB
  • IMG_4987.MOV
    25.4 MB
  • IMG_5523.MOV
    20.4 MB
Have you upgraded the firmware to the latest version 1.13? I'm having a separate issue with steering wheel controls where my preset up button makes the radio presets cycle up or down endlessly. This only happens when I press preset up from the home screen or within Android auto

Hey guys. I'm having the same steering wheel control issue as Toph where in android auto & home screen the presets cycle up or down endlessly. But when in HD radio it works properly. My units firmware is current. Anyone found a fix?

Hey. Thanks for the feedback. First I had the metra axxess ASWC-1 SWC installed. Now I'm trying to get the idatalink maestro to work. I spoke with a rep with idatalink about the issue & there working on it. Both modules are doing the exact same thing as spoken about previously. I'm leaning towards it being a pioneer problem and when I call pioneer I get the run around & they know nothing! Any other ideas?

I have the Pioneer 4600NEX and don’t have issues. The pioneer support does **** ass though. I’m honestly not sure what it is

Have you upgraded the firmware to the latest version 1.13? I'm having a separate issue with steering wheel controls where my preset up button makes the radio presets cycle up or down endlessly. This only happens when I press preset up from the home screen or within Android auto
I have this exact same problem on a brand new install. Let me know if you find anything out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.