New Member coming out of car audio retirement

Participant count
  • Participants list

Owntime187

CarAudio.com Newbie
10 years after “growing up” and getting out of the game, I recently added a little extra bass to my vehicle. I drive a company vehicle (2015 Tahoe with Bose) and sadly I can’t go as extreme as I want. I had to have a setup that would not void the warranty on the company vehicle, so I have to keep it stock and be able to remove it when I get my next vehicle from them in a year or so. After a quick google search I came across a harness by lljcustoms that would allow me add an aftermaket amp and sub to my factory Bose system and not have to cut or splice any wires, or even remove my factory head unit, without voiding the warranty. All I had to install was a ground and power wire to my battery to supply my new amp. I unplug a male connection from my factory amp and plug it to the female connection on the harness and plug the male connector on the harness into my factory amp. The harness also had an loc (pac lp7-2) wired into it along with a remote power wire that would utilize the same power going to my factory amp. It really was an easy setup that took no time and does exactly what I wanted it to do. After 2 months of enjoying it, I already want more. Since I have to remain stock, I don’t have much control over the sub through my factory head unit. My long drawed out question is...can I add an equalizer to my aftermarket amp to be able to reach those lows that I know I’m missing. Will it effectively be able to give me the control I can’t get from my head unit, and if so I guess it would have to go between my loc (which is where I get my rca outputs from to connect to my amp). Would it be worth it, and do you think it would do what I’m wanting? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Might want to look into a digital sound processor.
Something that will up the pre out voltage going to your amp and give you a bass knob to control the volume to the subwoofer.
Which one you get all depends on how much money you want to spend.
I went the RF 360.3 but you can get what your looking for for cheaper

Thank you, I almost went with the lc2i instead of the lp7-2 when I ordered the harness since it came wired into the harness but I was kind of sketchy about how well it would work. I’ve been out of the game for so long the RF 360.3 you mentioned went way over my head, but I’m about to research it now. Thanks again for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.